So, I'm Waiting For Election Results . . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Re: So, I'm Waiting For Election Results . . . .

Post by handirifle »

Well all I can say, is who's he gonna blame the mess he inherited THIS TIME on?

I don't care what Rush (I never listen to him, so he has no influence on how I think) or anybody else on TV says, and I agree with Pitchy. This country has made it's choices over the years and is going to reap the rewards It's not the white house's fault, those in it are a result of what the country has been propagating for the last 30-40 years.

There has to be some that stand up and say the truth, this country has tried it's best to remove God from everything, and He is more than willing to sit back and let us have our way. The funny part is when stuff happens, horrible stuff, the first thing I hear from people is, "Why would God let this happen?" or "Why did God do this"?

He doesn't and He didn't, he is most likely very sad that we never turned our eyes back towards Him, BEFORE. The American way of life will change so dramatically in the years to come, we will not recognize what it used to be.

We were back in the AV last weekend visiting with some black friends and welcoming home their son in law. from overseas. The father asked me how I could support a Mormon, and I asked how he could support a professed Christian, that openly supports gay marriage, and openly supported and signed bills to allow abortion to go farther than ever before in history.

He say Romney would not get rid of abortion, and I say he probably couldn't if he wanted to, it's law now, by the Supreme Court, but I doubt seriously he would have signed legislation allowing partial birth abortion, and late term abortion, or sign a bill allowing gay marriage.

If someone wants to be gay, that is their choice. It is sin, like many other things ar sin, and I do not condemn them for it, God does, just like He condemned me for my sins. The difference is repentance and confession of faith. No one will make anyone marry the man next door, but laws will come where we will be prosecuted for calling it sin.

Some THINK this was an election of morals on one side and fiscal responsibilities, but I say it wasn't an election, but rather a battle, not between Repubs vs Dems, but of principalities and powers and I say Satan won this battle. Satan will lose the war, and that is what I rest my faith and hope and change on.

I notice it's odd, that in the Book of Revelation, that a country that is currently the greatest military superpower this earth has ever seen. That country that CLAIMS to be an ally of Israel, is nowhere to be found in the battle of Armageddon. I figure it's because we have either no longer decided to support Israel or we have been destroyed or made not a factor.

This president isn't the cause of all the woes we will face, he is a pawn in the game. Just exactly who is controlling him we may never know, but make no mistake, we are on Gods path toward becoming a non issue in the final battle.

You may disagree, that is OK, I know what God has planned for me, and on that I rest my faith and strength.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Oh, and I forgot to add: The next four years will be so stupendously bad that you watch - if we run a conservative Hispanic in 2016 we'll beat the Dems by a landslide. It'll be a drubbing.

So chin up! Time to simply survive and win some serious pay back in the next two elections. :twisted:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

BlaineG wrote:Oly, I don't think (could be I'm wrong) that Mitt had "our" views. At the point he was nominated, the best I hoped for was SCOTUS picks. The 'Crats used his religion against him. Mitt only mentioned his values when he bit on the negative bait the 'Crats were throwing out there.
I think you're right!

My chief hope at this juncture is that the elderly SCOTUS conservatives can hang in there for another four years. :shock:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well Oly,
Someone finally took a long hard look and decided to face reality.
I wondered if it would ever happen.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

olyinaz wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Oly, I don't think (could be I'm wrong) that Mitt had "our" views. At the point he was nominated, the best I hoped for was SCOTUS picks. The 'Crats used his religion against him. Mitt only mentioned his values when he bit on the negative bait the 'Crats were throwing out there.
I think you're right!

My chief hope at this juncture is that the elderly SCOTUS conservatives can hang in there for another four years. :shock:

Oly
We should send vitamins... :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

I, for one, look forward to the next four years of sucking up to the Arab nations while China and Russia slap each other on the backs as our administration fumbles about. Seriously, what's your guys' problem, anyway?

:lol:
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

handirifle wrote:Well all I can say, is who's he gonna blame the mess he inherited THIS TIME on?

I don't care what Rush (I never listen to him, so he has no influence on how I think) or anybody else on TV says, and I agree with Pitchy. This country has made it's choices over the years and is going to reap the rewards It's not the white house's fault, those in it are a result of what the country has been propagating for the last 30-40 years.

There has to be some that stand up and say the truth, this country has tried it's best to remove God from everything, and He is more than willing to sit back and let us have our way. The funny part is when stuff happens, horrible stuff, the first thing I hear from people is, "Why would God let this happen?" or "Why did God do this"?

He doesn't and He didn't, he is most likely very sad that we never turned our eyes back towards Him, BEFORE. The American way of life will change so dramatically in the years to come, we will not recognize what it used to be.

We were back in the AV last weekend visiting with some black friends and welcoming home their son in law. from overseas. The father asked me how I could support a Mormon, and I asked how he could support a professed Christian, that openly supports gay marriage, and openly supported and signed bills to allow abortion to go farther than ever before in history.

He say Romney would not get rid of abortion, and I say he probably couldn't if he wanted to, it's law now, by the Supreme Court, but I doubt seriously he would have signed legislation allowing partial birth abortion, and late term abortion, or sign a bill allowing gay marriage.

If someone wants to be gay, that is their choice. It is sin, like many other things ar sin, and I do not condemn them for it, God does, just like He condemned me for my sins. The difference is repentance and confession of faith. No one will make anyone marry the man next door, but laws will come where we will be prosecuted for calling it sin.

Some THINK this was an election of morals on one side and fiscal responsibilities, but I say it wasn't an election, but rather a battle, not between Repubs vs Dems, but of principalities and powers and I say Satan won this battle. Satan will lose the war, and that is what I rest my faith and hope and change on.

I notice it's odd, that in the Book of Revelation, that a country that is currently the greatest military superpower this earth has ever seen. That country that CLAIMS to be an ally of Israel, is nowhere to be found in the battle of Armageddon. I figure it's because we have either no longer decided to support Israel or we have been destroyed or made not a factor.

This president isn't the cause of all the woes we will face, he is a pawn in the game. Just exactly who is controlling him we may never know, but make no mistake, we are on Gods path toward becoming a non issue in the final battle.

You may disagree, that is OK, I know what God has planned for me, and on that I rest my faith and strength.
Music to my ears. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

It is over. We are all Obamunists now. We are on a train that is hurtling downhill and picking up speed overloaded with a severe curve ahead right above a long drop to a river full of jagged rocks below and we can't get off. When there are more takers than makers and they vote, its over. Plain and simple. This train with this engineer is an unstoppable object no matter what, now that Obamacare is taking over. Why vote for jobs when you can wait for your check?

We can talk about the future and what we can do to change it but the court is going to be so packed over 8 years and with a neutered House leader that thinks being tanned is his job the best thing to do is stock up on food and bullets and hope you can ride it out intact. I've never been this pessimistic in my entire life. But thats that way I see it. Nothing can stop this train now. Nothing.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well there is hope, but not in this world. I will paste here, an email that came AFTER I made my post this afternoon. It's good to see believers are getting the same message.

I do not have the name of the originator, and wouldn't post it if I did for privacy sake, but the words have the solid ring of truth to them that can only come from God.

Please read, its long but worth every second. If you are not a Christian, please read it anyway, as His words will resonate in your head when the time comes to hear them.

This is been a very interesting political season. Because of a const
ant focus on prophecy, the only interest in politics I can generate is appropriately that which is seen through the lens of biblical prophecy. The 'interesting' aspect of this election cycle, is the seemingly supernatural aspect. By any rational thought, Romney should have won in an epic landslide. With 'real' unemployment probably above 20%, foreign policy disasters, collapse of the housing market, trillions of dollars in debt - a debt that will increase dramatically once government mandated healthcare takes effect, and on and on goes this list of failures. Additionally, as recent as yesterday, polls showed Romney up by several percentage points. But somehow, many of us felt that Obama would still win, despite so much evidence to the contrary. Why?

That may be a much easier question to answer than it would seem.

Take Turkey for instance. You ask, what does Turkey have to do with "Politics, Jesus And Prophecy"?
Easy. I recall a time when Turkey seemed a shoe-in for entry into the EU - even as recently as 4-5 years ago. I also recall seeing the news around that, and thinking about hard it was to see Turkey as part of the Gog-MaGog alliance - if they were a member of the EU, and how such a move would have been difficult to see prophetically.

As Turkey leaned towards the EU, it also appeared that their financial and military alliances would go to Europe, not Russia and Iran. This also seemed highly inconsistent with the prophecies of Ezekiel 38-39. As a result, I kept watching and waiting for something to happen - something which would have been more consistent with biblical prophecy. And indeed it did. After protracted talks and negotiations it became apparent that Turkey would not be allowed entry into the EU after all, for a variety of complex reasons. Once this became apparent, Russia quickly moved in to fill the void and they did so in a big way. As a result, over the past several years we have watched the alliance between Russia and Turkey grow, with an array of agreements between these two countries and at the same time, we have watched Turkey's rhetoric against Israel rise to Iranian levels.

The point? Biblical prophecy always rules - even when it doesn't seem apparent initially. Every time.

That takes us back to the U.S. elections and why so many prophecy watchers had a hard time envisioning anything but an Obama win, despite all evidence to the contrary. Even when it seemed obvious that Romney would win this election going away - I just had a hard time seeing it - when viewed through the lens of biblical prophecy; in fact this was discussed many times on this blog.

Consider the following points - under the basic, underlying premise that we are just on the verge of the beginning of the Tribulation and of course the gathering up of the Church Saints.

1. Israel will face their enemies without any significant assistance from any other countries. A Romney win would have made that scenario almost impossible. The timeline for that scenario remains imminent (see below).

2. America is not a player during the tribulation period. With the re-election of Obama, America's rapid demise will continue both financially and militarily. The dollar will continue to fall, (in order to pave the way for a central currency and central financial system), as planned - according to one of Obama's biggest supporters, George Soros (his words). With this re-election, the progress towards this centralized, world-wide financial system will continue unabated.

3. America's military will continue to be dismantled - and this too is consistent with the apparent absence of the U.S. in biblical end times scenarios. A Romney win would have probably reversed this demise, and America's influence would have served to dampen Russia's continuing rise. Now, Russia will continue on her present course as we approach the Gog-MaGog conflict.

4. Iran will continue on their present course and Israel will have to take action - knowing that U.S. will not support this effort. This would have been significantly altered with a Romney victory.

5. All of Israel's enemies will be furthered emboldened now and will continue on the present course as triggered by the "Arab Spring" which the U.S. administration helped facilitate. This too is a necessary part of end times prophecy.

In other words, with this bizarre and unexpected election - the stage is still very much set for the last prophecies to play out rapidly and without delay.

A Romney win would have seemingly delayed this present course - a course which is presently racing towards the inevitable conclusions we expect from the prophetic scriptures.

There are those who seem to genuinely worship human government. Sadly, the worst that human government has to offer is yet to come. I pray for those people who will have to endure this period which is rapidly approaching. Ironically, in the beginning they will believe that they are entering a period of utopia - the perfect, all encompassing government with all of its promises, only to realize the 'sudden destruction' that will come, along with the realization that they were deceived but it will be too late - and will have to face unthinkable carnage. It isn't too early to begin praying for these people.

The bottom line?

Jesus said it best:

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.
Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
(John 18:36-37)

"My Kingdom is not of this world" is how we should all see politics.

We're too close to the end now - there seems to be nothing in the way to prevent or delay the events which are coming. Everything is perfectly lined up for the remaining events to take place at any moment. This is God's will and everything that we see today is part of a much larger, much more important plan than a U.S. political election.

Perspective. From Psalm 33:

The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all generations.
No king is saved by the size of his army
no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance
despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

We have a kingdom which awaits us. What happens here, other than reaching souls with the message of salvation should be of no consequence as we watch for the coming of the Lord. God's plan will be carried out and apparently that involves the U.S. to continue on the present course, as many of us predicted.

Our King awaits us. He awaits His bride's presence in New Jerusalem; the eternal place He has prepared for us. Our instructions are to be watching and waiting for His coming with great anticipation (Luke 21:28-31, Luke 12:35-43) while we see these signs around us.

Maranatha! Our Lord Comes and His plan will not be delayed. PLEASE share!! God Bless. Dr. B
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Hold on there Pitchy, no one's turning on ya. Many of us agree with your beliefs, it's just that I'm saying on this site we all have should have the right to voice our opinions peaceably and with respect even when we disagree. I have my beliefs I hold dear and I'm sure everyone else does too. What I'm getting at here is that one of mine is that politicians should be concentrating on the issues not forbidden by the constitution. Remember the separation of church and state? It's there so one religious group can't force their opinion upon another. I think that's a good thing and I'm just saying that when politics and religion mix, bad things happen.

We have enough problems so that if the politicians just tried to deal with the economic issues right now, they'd have their hands full. And remember, the party in power has a huge say in what this country does and if one party espouses principles not supported by the population, they don't get elected. If you're out of the game, you can't have an affect on the outcome.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I believe in Biblical prophecy, and believe that every single word has either already came to pass, or will come to pass. However, I don't spend much time or energy trying to sort it all out and make predictions, as I believe it impossible to predict exactly when or how it is all going to play out. I'm just content that I am spiritually prepared, and as prepared as I can be on this earth. I may or may not live to see the Second Coming, so I will just keep my guns loaded and keep a watchful eye until I hear the trumpet sound. Then I'll be happy to go home.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pitchy wrote:All i can say is if we have to become like them to win then He!! with it. :(

So tell me how this brought all this on, my God My God give me a break :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

handirifle wrote:Well there is hope, but not in this world. I will paste here, an email that came AFTER I made my post this afternoon. It's good to see believers are getting the same message.

I do not have the name of the originator, and wouldn't post it if I did for privacy sake, but the words have the solid ring of truth to them that can only come from God.

Please read, its long but worth every second. If you are not a Christian, please read it anyway, as His words will resonate in your head when the time comes to hear them.

This is been a very interesting political season. Because of a const
ant focus on prophecy, the only interest in politics I can generate is appropriately that which is seen through the lens of biblical prophecy. The 'interesting' aspect of this election cycle, is the seemingly supernatural aspect. By any rational thought, Romney should have won in an epic landslide. With 'real' unemployment probably above 20%, foreign policy disasters, collapse of the housing market, trillions of dollars in debt - a debt that will increase dramatically once government mandated healthcare takes effect, and on and on goes this list of failures. Additionally, as recent as yesterday, polls showed Romney up by several percentage points. But somehow, many of us felt that Obama would still win, despite so much evidence to the contrary. Why?

That may be a much easier question to answer than it would seem.

Take Turkey for instance. You ask, what does Turkey have to do with "Politics, Jesus And Prophecy"?
Easy. I recall a time when Turkey seemed a shoe-in for entry into the EU - even as recently as 4-5 years ago. I also recall seeing the news around that, and thinking about hard it was to see Turkey as part of the Gog-MaGog alliance - if they were a member of the EU, and how such a move would have been difficult to see prophetically.

As Turkey leaned towards the EU, it also appeared that their financial and military alliances would go to Europe, not Russia and Iran. This also seemed highly inconsistent with the prophecies of Ezekiel 38-39. As a result, I kept watching and waiting for something to happen - something which would have been more consistent with biblical prophecy. And indeed it did. After protracted talks and negotiations it became apparent that Turkey would not be allowed entry into the EU after all, for a variety of complex reasons. Once this became apparent, Russia quickly moved in to fill the void and they did so in a big way. As a result, over the past several years we have watched the alliance between Russia and Turkey grow, with an array of agreements between these two countries and at the same time, we have watched Turkey's rhetoric against Israel rise to Iranian levels.

The point? Biblical prophecy always rules - even when it doesn't seem apparent initially. Every time.

That takes us back to the U.S. elections and why so many prophecy watchers had a hard time envisioning anything but an Obama win, despite all evidence to the contrary. Even when it seemed obvious that Romney would win this election going away - I just had a hard time seeing it - when viewed through the lens of biblical prophecy; in fact this was discussed many times on this blog.

Consider the following points - under the basic, underlying premise that we are just on the verge of the beginning of the Tribulation and of course the gathering up of the Church Saints.

1. Israel will face their enemies without any significant assistance from any other countries. A Romney win would have made that scenario almost impossible. The timeline for that scenario remains imminent (see below).

2. America is not a player during the tribulation period. With the re-election of Obama, America's rapid demise will continue both financially and militarily. The dollar will continue to fall, (in order to pave the way for a central currency and central financial system), as planned - according to one of Obama's biggest supporters, George Soros (his words). With this re-election, the progress towards this centralized, world-wide financial system will continue unabated.

3. America's military will continue to be dismantled - and this too is consistent with the apparent absence of the U.S. in biblical end times scenarios. A Romney win would have probably reversed this demise, and America's influence would have served to dampen Russia's continuing rise. Now, Russia will continue on her present course as we approach the Gog-MaGog conflict.

4. Iran will continue on their present course and Israel will have to take action - knowing that U.S. will not support this effort. This would have been significantly altered with a Romney victory.

5. All of Israel's enemies will be furthered emboldened now and will continue on the present course as triggered by the "Arab Spring" which the U.S. administration helped facilitate. This too is a necessary part of end times prophecy.

In other words, with this bizarre and unexpected election - the stage is still very much set for the last prophecies to play out rapidly and without delay.

A Romney win would have seemingly delayed this present course - a course which is presently racing towards the inevitable conclusions we expect from the prophetic scriptures.

There are those who seem to genuinely worship human government. Sadly, the worst that human government has to offer is yet to come. I pray for those people who will have to endure this period which is rapidly approaching. Ironically, in the beginning they will believe that they are entering a period of utopia - the perfect, all encompassing government with all of its promises, only to realize the 'sudden destruction' that will come, along with the realization that they were deceived but it will be too late - and will have to face unthinkable carnage. It isn't too early to begin praying for these people.

The bottom line?

Jesus said it best:

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.
Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
(John 18:36-37)

"My Kingdom is not of this world" is how we should all see politics.

We're too close to the end now - there seems to be nothing in the way to prevent or delay the events which are coming. Everything is perfectly lined up for the remaining events to take place at any moment. This is God's will and everything that we see today is part of a much larger, much more important plan than a U.S. political election.

Perspective. From Psalm 33:

The LORD foils the plans of the nations;
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
the purposes of his heart through all generations.
No king is saved by the size of his army
no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance
despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

We have a kingdom which awaits us. What happens here, other than reaching souls with the message of salvation should be of no consequence as we watch for the coming of the Lord. God's plan will be carried out and apparently that involves the U.S. to continue on the present course, as many of us predicted.

Our King awaits us. He awaits His bride's presence in New Jerusalem; the eternal place He has prepared for us. Our instructions are to be watching and waiting for His coming with great anticipation (Luke 21:28-31, Luke 12:35-43) while we see these signs around us.

Maranatha! Our Lord Comes and His plan will not be delayed. PLEASE share!! God Bless. Dr. B
A wonderful look at current events and I share the basic beliefs, but I feel that there is an error in his estimation when he uses the term "rapidly". Yes, I see it unfolding very much as he does, but I think it's pretty clear that what is to come will not come to pass in the next 4 years. Time and again we see the pendulum swing in our world but we also see an inexorable movement of society towards a horizon, one that is prophesied, but that horizon is still some distance away I think.

The writer seems to feel that much will happen in 4 years. Too much I think. What we will see will be merely the swing of the pendulum - back and forth - and next time around, four years from now, we will see the dying gasp of "traditional values" on the national stage as the Republicans win the White House, probably for 8 years. Then perhaps we will see the unfolding of events as thoughtfully proposed by the author above.

In short, the pendulum swings and I think it's got a few swings left. Think of them as the spasms of a headless snake. But in the end His Will shall be done on Earth as it is in Heaven and either we or our issue will witness the unfolding of the fullness of His plan. Of that I am certain.

Lastly, I don't care what happens to me, but I worry about my children. :cry:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Oly, I think you are pretty much right in your assessment. The pendulum does swing back and forth, and we've been building for a while. One point I might differ on is that I tend to think when the pendulum slows it will come to a halt quickly. There seems to me to be evidence of a snowball effect heading toward the end times, and when the end comes it will come fairly rapidly. Whether that will happen in the next 4 years, 8 years, or even in my lifetime I won't care to speculate. I think when the Antichrist comes on the scene it will be fast and furious. He won't be a well known figure prior to his entrance onto the global stage. It will be much like Obama's rise, IMO. For all I know, Obama might be him, though I seriously doubt it. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I think things will pick up and accelerate more and more the closer the time comes.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams