What was your first lever gun and single action revolver ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Re: What was your first lever gun and single action revolver ...

Post by Slick »

First lever is a Winchester (Miroku) 1886 take-down in .45-70 and first single-action revolver (actually) is a NAA .22LR mini-derringer. But my first "real" single-action revolver is a Ruger Superblackhawk Bisley Hunter in .44mag. I still have all of them..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

First lever I purchased was a Win. Mod. 94 SRC in 30-30. I paid $120 for it. I was fourteen back in 1971. I sold it about four years later to sporterize an old Enfield. Sure wish I would have kept it. At least it was a post 64.

First single action revolver was a Rugar Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. This one I still have. Bought it back in 1979.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Rossi 92 .357 - my Go To gun.

Ruger Old Army... well, it IS a single Action and I DID have a .45 Colt cylinder for it... But I sold it. :?

EDIT>>> DUUUHHHHHH!

My FIRST Single Action was my 6" FA Casull....

My SECOND was the ROA.

And I have neither any more. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

First lever I bought myself is a Winchester '95 SRC in 30-06 I got when I was in college. Think I paid $350 for it.

First single action was a Ruger Blackhawk / .357 Mag with a 7 1/2" barrel. I was 17, had to give my dad the $ to buy it for me. Later traded it and another '95 for my first Russian '95 Musket. Wasn't fond of that revolver. Was an accurate gun but just didn't fit right.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

A Marlin 336C 30-30 (still my favorite)
& only got one SA, a Ruger New Vaquero in 45colt ("case colored" to match my Winchester "Trails End")
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

pre64 Win 94 in 30-30 and a brass frame FIE .36 navy I traded for when I was 12 or 13 carried that pistol everwhere till I must have traded that and something else for a old model 10 smith.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

The 44-40 were my 1st and 32-20 is was next .

Image..Image
Image......Image
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

First Lever: Post '64 half-cock Trapper in 30/30 w/Williams receiver sight. Traded it for a Bryco 9mm and cash. It may of had a rusted and painted receiver (from previous owner) but dang it shot and handled nice. The paint disolved on first contact with bore cleaner and I traded it for a Bryco 9mm and cash. Dumbest gun related thing I ever did.
First SA: My Ruger Single-Six .32M with Birdhead.

LK
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

The first lever action that I bought myself, is my NRA Centennial 1871/1971 model 94 30-30 that looks just like a model 64

And my first 6 shooter is my Ruger Single Six in 1981

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Single Action: I.J. Cattleman in 44 mag; bought for CAS in 1993 because it was all I could afford. I disliked it and sold it shortly thereafter, and bought an Uberti 1860 and shot CAS with one cap-and-ball revolver and a borrowed Ruger BH. I was in college and very poor, but I loved the game.

Lever Action: Winchester Trapper 44 mag (pre-safety), also bought for CAS, in 1994. I still have it and will never sell it. I LOVE my Trapper.
Chad
Bang
Levergunner

Post by Bang »

First lever single shot - an 1886 Henry Martini in 577-450 BP carbine. I still have it and shoot it
First lever action - an 1899 Winchester 1895 carbine in 30-40 krag. Sold it and regret it.

First Single action - Ruger Blackhawk (~1970's) in .357 - worn out the old blued barrel and I a stuffed a stainless barrel onto the old frame that rusted when the boat sank one year :) - I still have it as it looks shockingly bad but it still shoots well.
I wish to die like my grandmother - peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in her car !

Is there a 21st Century lever action?