Had to sell a couple of old Winchesters (photos)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: Had to sell a couple of old Winchesters (photos)

Post by KirkD »

.45colt wrote:Sorry I just can't get all in a tizzy about this '73.....of all the Levers Kirk has took pic's of nothing comes close to Miss May 2011 from His Calender .........only 5,304 made and in 45-70.what a piece of work. :) . Oh and for those who don't know it's a Marlin 1895 half octagon,pistol grip takedown,shipped March 15, 1899.....................................
Well, that is a beautiful rifle, no question. It is in a whole nother class. It belongs to a friend of mine. For those of you who are wondering what we are talking about, here's a photo ...... gaze upon it and weep.

Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That's a lovely old rifle, Kirk. 8)

I'd consider selling some stuff for that, too!

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

KirkD wrote: I've got just enough left over to buy a well used Model 1892 32-20 to complete my collection.
Thats a lie! YOU KNOWS you cannot EVER complete yo collection. :D

Nice '73 my man! :D Hey! I'm nosey, what did you let the 53 go for?-----------Sixgun

Well guys, it looks like we won't be hearing from Kirk over the weekend--he has a lot of fondleing to do. :D BTW, you may want to slug the bore as I've had 'em up to 431. 6 grains of Bullseye (1050) with a 210 Hensley and Gibbs (or 200 Lee) will shoot into less than 3" at 100---for play loads.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Sixgun wrote:
KirkD wrote: I've got just enough left over to buy a well used Model 1892 32-20 to complete my collection.
Thats a lie! YOU KNOWS you cannot EVER complete yo collection. :D
Well ..... at least I have good intentions to quit buying old Winchesters. :D (PM sent)
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

KirkD wrote:Now a Marlin 1889 in 44-40 is a very nice rifle to have as well.

89 i dont have but..... i got a 94 44-40 in a 15" trapper with ATF clearance

^
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

IMO, you did good because that's what you wanted to do :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Only thing besides congrats that can to said to do it justice----------- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: