-35 this morn

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: -35 this morn

Post by AJMD429 »

KirkD wrote:I sure miss mornings like that. Memories of how the snow crunches underfoot on a hard packed path, the occasional crack of an Aspen, the air searing down ones nostrils, the loudness of sounds and how they carry in the dense air, Jack Frost nipping at my fingers and toes, wood splitting in a single blow of the axe.
Even though it only got to 11 below here last night, if felt like Jack Frost was using a double-bit axe when 'nipping'. . . :D

Had lots of that snow that is wet enough to pile up 6-8" even on thin branches, and we took a family hike (two kids and wife and me) up to where my son had his deerstand, and watch while he took it down. We watched it while the wind came along and blew sometimes hundreds of pounds of branch-snow at a time down, sometimes on us. Pretty cool stuff (no pun intended), especially since it was a 'family' thing, and doubly so since we had but a quarter-mile or so walk down-hill to get back to our snug-and-warm home.

Yep, there are leaks in the roof, fences that got messed up when trees cracked and fell on them, and other 'bad' things (including a horrific 'office relocation'), but when you get down to the basics, we had a pretty good day, cold-toes and all. . . 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Well fellars I`m now convinced that global warming is true, it was -30 when I went to bed and when I got up the wind switched to the south and it warmed to -20 :shock:
Or was it all them beans I ate :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Right now at 10.17am it is minus 7 with sustained winds of 30mph and gusts at 40mph.
wind chill of 40 below zero and i just pee,d outside and it still is a good stream not yellow dust.
only problem, next time will be facing the right direction. :cry: will blame it on the dog.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

There's a place in Antarctica that got down to over -128 in 1983. That's the world record.

Siberia, Alaska and the Yukon have records of about -83.

Minus 20 something is the coldest I've ever experienced here in Indiana.

I've determined that I, and a lot of people who could live in a much warmer climate, stay where it's cold primarily to stay near family/relatives. Too, keeping your job in a cold area is also a biggie.

Don
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Pitchy wrote: ... when I got up the wind switched to the south and it warmed to -20 :shock:
Better not light a match, or it might get a whole lot warmer in less than one second! :D
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

KirkD wrote:
Pitchy wrote: ... when I got up the wind switched to the south and it warmed to -20 :shock:
Better not light a match, or it might get a whole lot warmer in less than one second! :D
:lol: :P :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

getitdone1 wrote:There's a place in Antarctica that got down to over -128 in 1983. That's the world record.

Siberia, Alaska and the Yukon have records of about -83.

Minus 20 something is the coldest I've ever experienced here in Indiana.

I've determined that I, and a lot of people who could live in a much warmer climate, stay where it's cold primarily to stay near family/relatives. Too, keeping your job in a cold area is also a biggie.

Don
The weather man on RFD said it was colder in Chicago yesterday than the south pole :?

---J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!