Cowboy Levergun Silhouette

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cowboy Levergun Silhouette

Post by jdad »

Alphawolf45 wrote:Here see picture shows the full scale chicken used at 200 meters in BPCR match atop the half scale ram shot at 100 yards in CLA. I like the close targets in Cowboy lever action silhouette b'cause I can see them much clearer than the targets in BPCR.. Old eyes.

Those are the "easy" chickens.

The smallbore chickens on the other hand......

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

You sure fooled me. I didn't realize that they were at 40 yds at Raton. Learn something every day.
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

jdad wrote:
Alphawolf45 wrote:Here see picture shows the full scale chicken used at 200 meters in BPCR match atop the half scale ram shot at 100 yards in CLA. I like the close targets in Cowboy lever action silhouette b'cause I can see them much clearer than the targets in BPCR.. Old eyes.

That is the itty bitty one ain'it? How far away is that one shot at? ..I hate to see this thread drop back a page as I am enjoying all the comments...

.I am looking at my box of junk parts thinking about putting together a rifle cartridge lever action in .25-35..Reckon that would be competitive with the .38-55s and .30-30s? I have a Highwall in .25-35 but I haven't tried a cast bullet in that caliber and don't know how well that would work??? I have an old takedown Marlin 1893 in terrible beatup condition that I could restore to look and work good.

And by the way. The 3 shots to the rams head seen in my picture were the last 3 shots I fired that day at the ram offhand at 100 yards deliberately aiming at the head because light powder charge wasn't knocking it down with low shots. Two in the nose and one to the horn. Not a good group but knocked it down each time.. This Rossi shoots real nice.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Alphawolf45 wrote:
jdad wrote:

That is the itty bitty one ain'it? How far away is that one shot at? ..I hate to see this thread drop back a page as I am enjoying all the comments...
40 meters. The 100m ram is about the size of a 3x5 card.

I've had my 15 minutes of fame. :lol: :D

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What're the "Rifle" caliber CLA Silhouette target distances?

Very impressive jdad!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Griff wrote:What're the "Rifle" caliber CLA Silhouette target distances?

Very impressive jdad!

50,100,150,200m I just shot better than the others, on that day. :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm not much on 22's period .

But I surely enjoyed the pistol cartridge and big bore lever silhouette .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Griff---sounds like allot of fun... I had to qualify last month with a "partol-style" flashlight, hadn't done that in five years (because we hang flashlights off of Glocks now), my first score really sucked, didn't qualify, I relaxed, remembered that I was shooting the tax-payers ammo, and I shot in the high 90's in the next three rounds , old-school flash-light and all...I think when it comes to shooting having fun is the key... :)
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Is there a website to go to and find out if anything like this is in my area? I have always been curious about trying this type of shooting but never see it locally or even semi-locally.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rube Burrows wrote:Is there a website to go to and find out if anything like this is in my area? I have always been curious about trying this type of shooting but never see it locally or even semi-locally.
Sign up for the digital edition of Shooting Sports USA http://www.nrapublications.org/ssusa/ , if you're an NRA member.

Here's the Dec 2014 edition: http://www.nxtbook.com/fx/mags/lastissu ... gsportsusa On page 52 click on the link to "Entire Coming Events" button and download the PDF file... Cowboy Lever Action starts on page 40. FYI: you just missed the LA State Championship. But, here's the information

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
LOUISIANA, Gonzales: PC, SBC, Dec. 6, R; CLA, Dec. 7, R; D. Flint, 307 Centenary Dr.,
Baton Rouge, LA 70808; dustinflint@yahoo.com
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!