The AR15 and me....please add on your experieces

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The AR15 and me....please add on your experieces

Post by Griff »

Panzercat wrote:Honestly, I'm still getting used to how dirty these things get after 7-8 mags on the range. Then again, I've never had anything that I could just dump 250 so rounds in such a comparatively small space of time. Not like I would pump off 200 or so rounds of 30-30 in the same time.
Welcome to the world of GAS operated mechanicals!

Depends on how S-L-O-W-L-Y you shoot the AR!! :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

MrMurphy wrote:Streetstar, the AK didn't actually reach units until 1949, and it wasn't truly in wide use (as far as anyone knew) until the 1956 Hungarian uprising.

The FAL and G3 both went into service in the mid 50s, so they've only got the AR beat by a decade.

New FAL's and G3's are not issued in a widespread manner by any "developed" nations anymore though --- The Germans even went to the G36 in the 90's

The US is still pumping new M16 variants into the pipeline every year

ALL these rifles will be making widespread appearances in little "brush fires" around the world for 50 more years though
----- Doug
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Oh I'm aware.. most people think the 47 went into service widespread the same year and all that. Most Nato members have gone to something newer but the G3 and FAL are still seeing service in India Pakistan and South America and Africa in large numbers.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Germany just gave some G-3's to the Kurds in Iraq, along with some MG-3's and some Browning 50's.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Malamute wrote:Germany just gave some G-3's to the Kurds in Iraq, along with some MG-3's and some Browning 50's.
Now those seem like they will never go out of style... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

True. They are pretty amazing weapons. The Russian 12.7's are pretty good as well.

Theres a vid floating around on LiveLeak (several variations/copies) of Kurdish special forces lighting up some ISIS guys on top of a building with a 50 on a Bearcat. It seems they hit one of their explosive belts that many wear, as one goes very airborn. The concrete block/mud wall of the building edge was no cover. The 50 chewed it into chunks.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
1894c

Post by 1894c »

my experience is with the AR-15 in the M-4 configuration, the LE Agency that I serve uses them as patrol rifles. The first one I bought was in 2000, but sold it in 2001 to a young LEO who needed it more than I did. Recently I acquired a new one (parts from PSA) and a whole lot of mags. Our yearly in-service active shooter training was the reason why I decided that I needed another AR and Obama's second term to punish us was also a factor... :)
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

my first carbine last week Got a few shots from the Kodak before it quit again.I have 6 stripped Anderson receivers and 3 used so far.
and first pistol both last week Anderson receiver also kc arms upper.
Image[/url]

My next AR parts so far

ANDERSON AM-15 lower, Anderson flat top upper
, Spikes tactical spider grip, 15" Trinity Force slim free float for end,
stainless steel 1/7 16" barrel, punisher flash hider, stainless steel standard trigger and anti walk pins, stainless steel upgraded internal pins
and springs.
, UTG A2 rifle stock with storage trap door,
, extended charging handle lever, mid gas tube.
I also got a new take off mid handguard with barrel nut and delta ring
and 750 a2 site/gas block new take off a colt + bayonet
JUST incase . In my head I want the old school look.
Got a handle/site coming also.

Not sure what 1 it will be ,most likely the bayonet 1.
Those slim hand guards arn't what i expected and
the 15" is long looking.The s/s barrel is a tapered 1
and i was suprised the weight.
I got the tools already too.

I will have a camera next week and get some pics up.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/