Police officer: brave, foolish or lucky?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Police officer: brave, foolish or lucky?

Post by Booger Bill »

Many years ago I knew a badly crippled retired ex CHP officer that changed his career to a locksmith. He was in a standoff with a guy who had a shotgun and the guy shot his feet that he could see under his patrol car! That must have stung!

And it has exactly what to do with the context of an UNARMED man begging to be killed by a cop?

Seems to me he might have waited a little too long to see if the perp wanted to call it off too???
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Re: Police officer: brave, foolish or lucky?

Post by firefuzz »

Old Ironsights wrote:
firefuzz wrote:...
BTW, I can see NO connection with this incident with RBKA, it's just not there.

Rob
The connection is simply: Do we shoot this mentally disturbed suspect on a presumption of guilt / possibility of a weapon or do we presume innocence and take a tactical decision based upon visible reality?
It's apparent that your definition of RKBA is far different than mine and I'm pretty liberal about extending RKBA.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.