New lever gun came my way.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New lever gun came my way.

Post by Rube Burrows »

Thanks John for the info. I have been looking to try and find some Unique that is in stock.
Frank V
Levergunner 1.0

Re: New lever gun came my way.

Post by Frank V »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Frank V wrote:We have a lot of store bought light loads for the .44 mag. They are called .44 Specials & work just fine. I've probably fired as many or more .44 Specials in the .44 mag as I have magnums. Clean the chambers afterward & you are good to go. The problem is we don't find them as cheap as say the 9mm or .38 Special.
Frank,
Yes, true for light loads for the .44 caliber.

I was addressing a true "mid-range" load in .44 caliber for the 240 grain cast bullet at 1,000 fps.

Aside from the expensive and less available Buffalo Bore "Heavy Load" .44 Special, I have not found a commonly available, street stocked .44 caliber load using a 240 grainer at 1,000 fps; only loads that run about 700 to 850 fps (.44 Specials) or .44 Magnum loads in that bullet weight at a higher velocity.

What have I missed? Do you know of one that is stocked on the shelves (.44 caliber, 240 grs, 1,000 fps)?

Actually I don't, I know Garrett, HSM, & Buffalo Bore offer heavier .44 Special loads.
Mostly I use Skeleton's old load of Unique & load my own.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
U.S.A. RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!