POLITICS - OT Gun Control working in Chicago

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - OT Gun Control working in Chicago

Post by 45Jack »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1240 ... 24.article

As police Supt. Jody Weis returns to the hot seat during a City Council budget hearing today, Chicago is outpacing New York and Los Angeles in 2008 murders.

Chicago, whose population is dwarfed by those cities, posted 426 killings through Tuesday, compared with 417 in New York and 302 in L.A.
» Click to enlarge image
Police Supt. Jody Weis has said officers fear lawsuits and complaints and have “a degree of timidness.” The city’s murder tally as of Tuesday was 426.
(AP)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT Gun Control working in Chicago

Post by J Miller »

I believe Chicago is reaping what it has sowed.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: POLITICS - OT Gun Control working in Chicago

Post by Ray Newman »

& I'll wager that the "useful idiots" will claim beacuse gun control is too lax in Chicago & through out IL that is the reason for all the murders...
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

New York is doing real well at 417 there were more then 2000 a year when Giuliani first got in,
my daughter and some other Aussie girlfriends spent 10 days in the Big Apple a year ago and said they never felt threatened ever, just loved the place she can't wait to get back there, also spent time in New Jersey loved it so much she could live there.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Chicago used to be third, but it was still higher than now, something like 800. This was in the 80's, I believe LA had 900 and New York 1200 every year.

New Year's Eve was always a big night, lots of people went out that night and never saw dawn in the new year. I remember the news would give a running count all year just like in Vietnam.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."