336A & Federal Fusion 3 Deer 0

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
336A
Levergunner 2.0

336A & Federal Fusion 3 Deer 0

Post by 336A »

Well tonight at 4:30PM I got myself a doe, the first deer of the season for me. This one however was the first deer I have shot that was over 100yd, she was 130yd away. I was walking home when I decided to check a field one last time before heading home for dinner. The field is only about 150yd across, but most of my shooting usualy happens around 75yd. I spied her there all by herself from an adjoining hayfield. I made sure that I stayed behind the hedge row and quitely took my day pack off. I slipped up to the break that connects the two fields and propped my Marlin on top of the folding stool that I keep fastened to my day pack, and quickly sat down. I pasted the the cross hairs of the Bushnell 2-7 X32 3200 Elite right behind the shoulder and unleashed one 150gr Federal Fusion. At the shot she jumped and went roughly 30yd and piled up. So far I have taken 3 deer with this ammo and an quite pleased with it.
And although I always think having that folding stool fastened to my day pack as a burden most times. It sure did win me over this afternoon, as it makes a great hasty rest.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Re: 336A & Federal Fusion 3 Deer 0

Post by salvo »

Congrats!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

:D Well done! :D
NRA Life Member
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Congrats! It's always nice to have meat in the freezer. :D
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Congratulations!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Congrats! No pics? ;)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Good for you. The old 30-30 makes meat again, ain't it amazing.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Very 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Congrats! No pics?
Sorry about that fellas :oops: , I should have known better. Here is the best pic that the wife took while I was hard at work. To be completely honest I didn't even know she had the camera until I asked about it today. I sure wish that she spoke up and took one before I started in on the Field dressing.