POLITICS Posts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

POLITICS Posts

Post by Hobie »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In as much as I am simply overwhelmed with the quantity of political posts which don't conform to the requested topic title format of "POLITICS - _________". You might ask why but this morning, and this isn't the only time, there were 10 different topics on essentially the same subject. For one thing disjointed topics reduce the conversation's flow but also it clogs the board and discourages the primary purpose, gun talk. This has caused a flood of forumites from the forum. So, a new forum has been created. Political posts hereafter found in General Discussion will not be moved they will be deleted.

Thank you for your attention.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: POLITICS Posts

Post by rjohns94 »

thank you for yours
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Sorry Hobie-I posted before your notice :oops:
It's gonna be hard to think guns for a little though
L8
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Hobie wrote:For one thing disjointed topics reduce the conversation's flow but also it clogs the board and discourages the primary purpose, gun talk.

Uh, Hobie? Isn't this primarily a political forum with a little bit of gun talk tossed in occasionally for variety?

:o :shock: 8) :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

AmBraCol wrote:
Hobie wrote:For one thing disjointed topics reduce the conversation's flow but also it clogs the board and discourages the primary purpose, gun talk.

Uh, Hobie? Isn't this primarily a political forum with a little bit of gun talk tossed in occasionally for variety?

I'm glad you still have a sense of humor!

Seriously though, no it isn't. Do you want to contact me off-line re: a politics forum? :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Hobie wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:

I'm glad you still have a sense of humor!

Seriously though, no it isn't. Do you want to contact me off-line re: a politics forum? :wink:

OK. I was HOPING I had enough smilies in there to portray my "sense of humor"... if we need to set up a "Political Board with a side serving of leverguns" count me in. I"m sure we can find a good deal on hosting, just need a good moniker (domain name) for it and a willing moderator to keep things on track. :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I know that Paco isn't really up for it but perhaps here, one additional forum. Maybe we can find another moderator...
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

All days politics and gun rights go hand in hand. Today especially.

As long as they are properly marked, I'd let them run their course. We are all upset - and venting - this morning.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

To quote an old sage from a time and place far, far away, "Do not think, do." To paraphrase, do not vent, act. If you are not a member of the NRA, join. If you have not been active in politics, become active. Make it clear to those in your party that you expect opposition to what you oppose and work to remove those in your own party who don't fight for you. IOW, do as they did and go to war.
Sincerely,

Hobie

DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Sir, thank you for explaining. I posted my "vent" without properly marking it and without thinking about the fact; this is a gun forum. There has been so much political posting lately, it seemed everyone was interested but I understand the overwhelming volume you must be getting this morning.

We shall persevere!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Maybe cut off the "Political" threads for say a week and then go back to the old way of including MARKED Political threads in the forum. I've noticed lately that people aren't even marking "Off Topic" threads OT very much anymore.

Kinda silly (in my opinion) to allow a gazillion "Political" threads up to the election and then cut them off completely after the election.

Hopefully, we're all mature enough to post "on point" threads/posts and even have a little ribbing/chiding mixed in for levity.
ED
Yer never too old
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Modoc ED wrote:Maybe cut off the "Political" threads for say a week and then go back to the old way of including MARKED Political threads in the forum. I've noticed lately that people aren't even marking "Off Topic" threads OT very much anymore.

Kinda silly (in my opinion) to allow a gazillion "Political" threads up to the election and then cut them off completely after the election.

Hopefully, we're all mature enough to post "on point" threads/posts and even have a little ribbing/chiding mixed in for levity.

Take a look at http://levergunscommunity.com/ We're now a three forum board: General Discussion, Classifieds and Politics. We'll see how we'll handle it over time. Right now it's being handled this way. :) We will not shut down political discussion, we're attempting to channel it and perhaps build something useful instead of just a bunch of hot air. We're spread from "sea to shining sea" and I'd wager we can make a difference - if we can channel our anger into positive action.
Paul - in Pereira

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Ok Paul. If it works for you it works for me.
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Modoc ED wrote:Maybe cut off the "Political" threads for say a week and then go back to the old way of including MARKED Political threads in the forum. I've noticed lately that people aren't even marking "Off Topic" threads OT very much anymore.

Remarkably, it wasn't a gazillion TOPICS but it reached critical mass this morning. Kinda like a denial of service attack. EVERYONE started their own topic. NOBODY complied with the protocol. So, now they are in that other forum. You don't have to read it and now you shouldn't have to sort through it.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

moderators, thank you for creating the new category.

posters, if you bookmark 'View new posts' you will always have the most recent posts at the top, and if you reply to any they will always be in the corresponding category.

Grizz
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

And when we click on "View New Posts," posts in the Political Forum will show up right along with posts about the best way to dull the finish on a Browning gun stock, or where to find ammo for Great-Great Grandpa's old Spencer rifle, just as they always have.

Sorry Hobie, but unless you totally segregate the Political Forum, you've accomplished nothing. And I'm even more opposed to total segregation than I am to the fact that a Political Forum was established in the first place.

You have my sympathy. I know that reviewing every post on this forum is a time consuming and often annoying job. And I realize how boring it can be to read numerous posts on the same topic. But I really don't think you've found the solution, and I really doubt if most of us really want a solution that would work totally.

We need UNIFICATION, not separation!

Just my 2 bits worth of opinion.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, this might be the first step in a totally segregated political forum. We'll see.
Sincerely,

Hobie

ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Hobie,
You won't need to worry about the forums being too cumbersome. Very shortly you will remove the CLASSIFIED section--it will be illegal to sell/trade firearms in this manner. Also, forget being able to attend gun shows--they will be illegal also.
Ole Pizen Slinger
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Thanks, Hobie ! ;)
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

Well done ,Hobie....BUT,way past time....!! Nate :twisted:
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Hobie, thanks.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Thank you Hobie, much easier to breathe in here now. 8)
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Hi, Ji. I'm glad to hear you're breathing easy (after the last couple of weeks, I'm glad you're breathing). :)
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
I can't begin to thank you enough Hobie! Long over due!-Vall
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thanks Hobie once again an outstanding job you all are doing.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think the new system is working very well particularly when you consider that if you hit View active topics you get essentially what would have been the old system. Best of all three worlds. Sorry, just playing with the color.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I guess I have to reiterate. Political posts will go in the POLITICS forum or will be DELETED. Y'all, the majority, wanted another forum, you got it so now you have to use. If you get sloppy you might very well lose your post.

BTW, if it can turn to politics, it will. Just go ahead and start it there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hobie wrote: BTW, if it can turn to politics, it will. Just go ahead and start it there.
What, are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?!? :wink:
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Political posts are creeping from the political forum. If I want anxiety, I can rent Hitchcock's "Psycho."
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Well guys, I hope the politics section here, will serve as well as the politics section has served for us Canadians, on Canadian forums.
They have served as an information section, and enabled us to campaign letters and phone calls when needed.
Have we gained anything?
Maybe.. We haven't slipped backwards lately, and I think we were decisive in getting a pro-gun minority Conservative government elected.
Use the section well.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

John Y Cannuck wrote:Well guys, I hope the politics section here, will serve as well as the politics section has served for us Canadians, on Canadian forums.
They have served as an information section, and enabled us to campaign letters and phone calls when needed.
Have we gained anything?
Maybe.. We haven't slipped backwards lately, and I think we were decisive in getting a pro-gun minority Conservative government elected.
Use the section well.
Possibly - the government had intended on destroying used milsurp brass just a day ago, and now seems to have reversed itself. Hopefully this was due to immense and instant pressure when several pro-gun organization screamed foul, and all the firearms-related forums ran the story. Will also hopefully show these nitwits that we are watching them... very carefully!
hocbj23
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hocbj23 »

Good job Hobie.However,it is fun in here when we get a little off our rockers and start with the down and dirty politics.Dont clamp too hard--guns,politics ,whiskey,women make a mighty fine brew if tended properly.Name of a new site "leverpol".That oughtta bring em out of the woodwork.Lol.bj
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Remember - if it can get political - START it in the political section.
Paul - in Pereira

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AmBraCol wrote:Remember - if it can get political - START it in the political section.
Kinda like my "Happy Birthday" wishes to Robert E. Lee and "Stonewall" Jackson! :lol: :lol: :lol: