Great news!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Great news!

Post by Slick13 »

Tomorrow is opening day for deer in PA, and I plan on hunting in the woods right behind my house, same as I have the past three years. This afternoon I spoke to the neighbors who own the woods and cornfields around my house, to see where they were setting up at, and run my plans past them for their okay. They were fine with my plan, but inform me that another neighbor plans on hunting this small patch of woods too, and they just found out that that neighbor won't be hunting alone as expected, he's going to have six or eight other people with him. GREAT! :evil: I don't know how twelve people are going to hunt what can't be more than a 1 mile square. I may as well go to work tomorrow, and plan on hunting later this week. It's more likely I'd get shot, than that I'd shoot a deer. :roll:

~Michael
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Great news!

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm stuck hunting National Forest lands 3 1/2 hours away or on my buddy's place in Mississippi (which is really nice) but 8 1/2 hours away...

I need to get myself a patch of land again.

I'd just wear lots of blaze orange and get in real early and let them drive the deer to you!?
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

O.S.O.K. wrote:

I'd just wear lots of blaze orange and get in real early and let them drive the deer to you!?
That's how you do it! :D -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

That is how you do it, indeed. I would try to figure out how the rest of the crowd enters and exits the hunting area. Hopefully you have some options on where you can enter and go. If you set up right, they may be doing you a favor. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a year or two to get the other hunters patterned, but it can pay off big for you.

I have managed to pull if off a time or two. On one occasion, I was pretty agrivated by a bunch people, during an early muzzelloading season, and figured them to be back in there for the opening day of rifle season. I put my climbing tree stand up in a spot where I could watch a ridge that another hunter had taken a deer years before, when I as a young man, pushed it over him. The lesson was not forgotten, and it paid off for me later, when the other group, did as I expected and pushed a nice 7 point to me. I remember, one of them come over, after I shot as I was field dressing my kill, he said, "we run that deer over you". I just said in return with a big grin, "I Know". :D
NRA Life Member, Patron
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I had to hunt an unknown, unscouted place this year. I set up right on a logging road that ran parrallel to a ridge. I had noticed several trail heads on the road that intersected this one. Got mine as some hunters were leaving in the PM.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep - position early, if possible with an accompanying person to leave the woods noisily after your placed. Then wait for the deer to be 'drive' to you...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

With the same problem everywhere, I now have farm bordered on two sides buy public property, I let them run them to me on opening day. I only have too arrest about one a year to get the point across on the rest, the signs mean what they say. After I have had a two different people try to run me off my own farm I no longer tolerate trespassing. I let a few different people (friends) hunt and take a least two kids a year hunting for their first time in a safe location with everything provided for then if they qualify with a rifle I provide (three marlins to choose from set up just for that) I will post photos later.
It is not the critic who counts
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Course you could always drink a large amount of coffee and tea, then empty your bladder in there tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.