OT-Commanche Moon-Lonesome Dove Prequel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

OT-Commanche Moon-Lonesome Dove Prequel

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I just saw previews for this 6 hour series (3 nights) advertised on CBS.
I gathered it was the story of Woodrow and Gus in their younger days as Texas Rangers.
It starts Jan. 13th I believe.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

TV sequel

Post by rjohns94 »

It does start on the 13th. Want to see it but Iwill be flying to Ethiopia on a missions trip for two weeks that day. Hope it comes back around pretty quick or comes out on DVD soon. I want to hear all about it
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I hope they put this out on DVD too. I've picked up Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo at Hastings for $7.88 each, Now I just need the rest of them.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

I'm glad they made it, but it will be hard to see somebody else as Gus. You just can't beat Robert Duvall.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Thanks for the info, I am putting it on my calander so that I keep an eye out for it.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

If they get 2 guys half as good as Robert Duval and Tommy Lee Jones they will be lucky...those guys were great.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sky C.
Levergunner

Post by Sky C. »

From the same director that brought you "Brokeback Mountain"...? Not in my collection.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Sky C. wrote:From the same director that brought you "Brokeback Mountain"...? Not in my collection.

WHAT!!!??? :shock:
Sky C.
Levergunner

Post by Sky C. »

My apologies to the director... I did a double check & found this...

From http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=39501

Comanche Moon Premieres on CBS in January
Source: CBS November 21, 2007

Val Kilmer (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang), Steve Zahn (Rescue Dawn), Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Rachel Griffiths (Hilary and Jackie, "Six Feet Under"), Karl Urban (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King), Linda Cardellini ("ER"), Elizabeth Banks (The 40-Year-Old Virgin) and Wes Studi ("Into the West") star in "Comanche Moon," a new six-hour mini-series based on the book by Larry McMurtry, and the final chapter in the "Lonesome Dove" saga to be made into a movie, to be broadcast Sunday, Jan. 13, Tuesday, Jan. 15 and Wednesday, Jan. 16 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT, each night) on the CBS Television Network. Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winners Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, the writers and executive producer and producer, respectively, of the feature film Brokeback Mountain, are the executive producers and writers.