Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Assn.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Assn.

Post by cowboykell »

Had our annual winter show in Mandan, ND this weekend. It's the social event of the winter, had the friends of NRA banquet Sat. night. After many years of attending this gun show, I know most of the exibitors and all the locals that walk through so quite a bull session. I had my 9 different calibers of 1895 Winchesters on display and won 2nd place best long gun collection. Hey arjunky and Rafter 7...what happened to you?
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Assn.

Post by GEOFF »

Cowboykel,

Staying warm enough back there? Course you guys are used to it. Got family in Plentywood Montana so I hear a bit of your weather.

If you got 2nd with a collection of 1895 Winchesters in 9 calibers, who in the world got FIRST and with what????

Let's see, calibers in 1895 Winchester off the top of my head, .30-40, .30-03, .30-06, maybe .303 British, 7.62X54 Russian, what else??? Fill me in please. Don't have any pictures of them do you?

Geoff
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

cowboykell wrote:Had our annual winter show in Mandan, ND this weekend. It's the social event of the winter, had the friends of NRA banquet Sat. night. After many years of attending this gun show, I know most of the exibitors and all the locals that walk through so quite a bull session. I had my 9 different calibers of 1895 Winchesters on display and won 2nd place best long gun collection. Hey arjunky and Rafter 7...what happened to you?
We were fortunate to move snow all weekend. With the wind we've had lately it's been an everyday thing. I pushed my road out until about noon on Saturday and by 5 that night I got stuck 1 1/2 miles from the house, shoveled it out, went around to Chad's road and got stuck 100 ft from his shop about 2 hours after he had cleaned his road. :evil:
Took his snowmobile home and we got everything pushed out Sunday.
At least it's warming up some and holding the blowing snow down.

Byron
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Well....

I have not been to a gun show since the Thanksgiving show at minot. My brother works for the county winging roads with the road grader and has been working 7 days a week since Dec. first . To date we are at about 60" of snow and for flatlanders thats one pile to try to move. All the roads look like tunnels and its up to your mirrors on a 4x4 pickup. If you need to get to town you push the road out with your tractor and park it at your neighbors house along the black top road so when you get done in town you can start your tractor and push your way home we have spent about 1500.00 in #1 fuel to try to keep the road open there is about 8 miles we keep cleaned off

Larry W. got smashed into the wall by a 2000 lb. bull ... no bones were broke but he black and blue from his shoulder to his hip and I am on call to feed his cows.. Marvin (my dad) went to town to get some #1 and a car pulled out in front of him totaled his pick up and the service tank tried to come into the cab through the back window

from daylight to dark your day is spendt just trying to get your daily chores done. Going to your DAY job is optional!!!

yesterday I blew snow 9 hours w/8 foot blower and a 4- Wheel drive tractor just to open 2.5 miles of road.....YES I am sick of it!

Well...

this post could turn into a novel if I dont get out and move some more snow

rafter-7

Souix Falls it getting near and I WILL NOT MISS THAT ONE!!!!!!!