Carrying te same caliber lever and sidearm.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Carrying te same caliber lever and sidearm.

Post by rangerider7 »

I have noticed I have changed my habits lately. I use to carry the same caliber lever as my sidearm but now I carry the opposite. If I have a large caliber lever then I carry a smaller caliber SA or visa verse. It just make sense in most cases to me. Now if I know I'm going to be checking animal signs around our tanks and will be walking far from my Polaris Ranger I usually go back to my old habit. I want something that will stop a large cat, hog or wild dogs when I'm on foot. I'm sure we all have different reasons for why and how we do it. I also have cartridge belts that have double loops to carry different ammo. There is also slides that help to make ammo carrying more efficient. I know many of you don't carry both. I don't walk as far as I used to so I usually carry a sidearm when I do. What do you normally do?

"That'll Be The Day"
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Carrying te same caliber lever and sidearm.

Post by Modoc ED »

I don't do much walking (bad knees) anymore and rarely, if ever, carry a handgun. If carrying a lever, I carry a .30-30 as a rule -- other times a .444 Marlin.
Last edited by Modoc ED on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Deer rifle and .22 LR pistol, small game rifle and .45 revolver. Been doing that for a while.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

posting from Ethiopia: This past season it was deer rifle, and .22lr pistol, or .22lever and .357 colt saa. Shotgun and .357. One day i carried .357 lever and .357pistol and .22 semi pistol.

Daily in the truck is .357 lever, .357 model 60 or 38+p model 36 or 9mm rohrbaugh, and .22lr walther. most often its .357, .357 and .22lr walther.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Why only pack two? :) Last time I was up north it was 30 WCF Win '94, Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt and Ruger SS 22 LR. The 22 was carried cross draw, the Vaquero carried strong side. I had a belt full of 45 ammo, a box of 30 WCF and a couple of boxes of 22 LR. In Louis Lamour's terminology I was "ready for a war" - but that's just me and my way of thinking. I've known folks who WISHED they'd had more ammo on hand due to unexpected circumstances - like feral dog packs - that required more than what the weapon held.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My knees aren't the greatest of shape either. Neither is my back. When I'm out and about I usually just carry my OM BH .45 Colt loaded with Keith loads. Why do I need to carry a rifle?
However when I carry a rifle and a short gun, it usually is the same caliber. That way I only need to carry one selection of ammo. Saves weight. Lets me carry more food or water.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Double .357s... with light .38s loaded in the "not hunting with it" gun.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Truck gun is 30-30 "Cowboy Assault Rifle" and 45 LC New Vaq 4 5/8 CCW. :)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

+1 on carrying extra ammo. Had a buddy once who I was deer hunting with along with 3 other guys and my buddy took his customary 6-rounds with him when he left camp. Well, he fell off a ledge and broke his leg. He yelled and made a lot of noise without getting any attention so he fired off the customary 3-shot help me/trouble volley. Nothing. Fired another volley and not only nothing but now out of ammo. When he didn't show up in camp later in the day, we went looking for him. Luckily he was heading to his favorite stand when he fell and we found him pretty quick.

Anyway, after that, he carried at least 60-rounds of ammo when out and about.
ED
Yer never too old
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

+More on Ammo.

Easier when it all fits in either gun too.

Would suck to be stuck with the gun you didn't have ammo for...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

A handgun is to fight your way to a better weapon motto comes to mind.The Truck 30-30 is a pawn shop rescue 336W.A good gun in a excellent caliber that is cheap to replace if stolen from the truck.I have 50 rnds of 30-30 onboard for "Homeland Security" use. :twisted:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I have to agree with Rangerider7. Personally, I have never seen the reasoning to carry two weapons of the same chambering. Now, whatever I'm carrying I normally have way more ammo with me then I could need :D .
Ricky

DWWC
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I generally have my little S&W 317 AirLite tucked in a side pocket of the coat or vest and it's easy to carry a hundred rounds of .22 in a capped medicine bottle. I might very well have a .45acp on my belt, as well as the hunting rifle/revolver being carried. If my head is out where the sun shines, the little mousegun is perfect for grouse that are sitting around.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I rarely carry a handgun except when I'm hunting, and my hunting rifles are either a .30-30 or 7mmRemMag. But, I still like to carry a large caliber handgun for protction; generally, a .45, as I like a slow, heavy bullet w/good sectional density, for I want as much of the bullets energy transferred to the target with minimal, yet adequate penetratration. (9-12")

The handgun is a closeup weapon, for when your attacker has found you without time to reach a longer range weapon, or has already absorbed al the rifle ammo! (You do know of course, that during such surges in adrenalin (wild-a$$ed panic), absorbed generally means charging headlong thru a hail of bullets striking everything EXCEPT your target!

Now, mind ya, with commercial or cast boolits this is just theoretical on my part, but I do STR those 45ACP FMJs did the job in the jungles of SEA during Uncle Sugar's police action of the early 1970's.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Griff wrote:I rarely carry a handgun except when I'm hunting, and my hunting rifles are either a .30-30 or 7mmRemMag. But, I still like to carry a large caliber handgun for protction; generally, a .45, as I like a slow, heavy bullet w/good sectional density, for I want as much of the bullets energy transferred to the target with minimal, yet adequate penetratration. (9-12")

The handgun is a closeup weapon, for when your attacker has found you without time to reach a longer range weapon, or has already absorbed al the rifle ammo! (You do know of course, that during such surges in adrenalin (wild-a$$ed panic), absorbed generally means charging headlong thru a hail of bullets striking everything EXCEPT your target!

Now, mind ya, with commercial or cast boolits this is just theoretical on my part, but I do STR those 45ACP FMJs did the job in the jungles of SEA during Uncle Sugar's police action of the early 1970's.
Griff,

Please to translate red highlighted letters. Lots of these been popping up lately.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

J Miller wrote:
Griff wrote:blah, blah, blah.... STR ...blah, blah, blah.
Griff,
Please to translate red highlighted letters. Lots of these been popping up lately.
Joe
"seem to recall".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well RR7 I always thought that was the best way to go but I don't have a horse so it is no problem with my pickup either way. 8)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well I've come to the conclusion that really useful handgun cartridges for daily carrying have a 4 as the first number in the bore diameter.
So if I'm carrying a handgun while draggin a rifle around the handgun bore diameter starts with a 4 , no matter if the rifle starts with a 2,or a 4 :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

During deer season I always grab my 44mag
During turkey season its my 22 or 357....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The .22 handgun and .45-70 rifle or the .44 Mag handgun and .22 LR rifle is the PRACTICAL answer unless you're so far from supply sources you really need to stick with one cartridge.

Being that I seldom walk more than a half mile from my house, I can usually 'fight my way back to the supply depo' no matter how many coyotes or whitetails I encounter... :lol:

However, there IS something nostalgic and FUN about having both be the same cartridge, or even the same caliber (i.e. I like having the .44 Mag Redhawk and the .444 Marlin out for a walk together - it just SEEMS right :roll: ). Even the 'close to same' caliber is better than nothing - a .45 Colt and a .45-70.

But for practical purposes, it is usually part "what if I see a deer" or "what if there is a coyote" and part "what if I see a dirt clod or tin can that just HAS to die" and it makes sense to have a rimfire along for the latter purpose, unless you like spending 75 cents just to whack a tin can.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Personally, if it is just for a day walk in the woods, not necessarily hunting (which means I might be traveling more), my pick is my .44 Mag 7-1/2" barrel Black Hawk in my shoulder holster and my .44 Mag Trapper slung over my shoulder. Usually carry five rounds in the pistol, and 6-7 in the mag of the Trapper, along with fifty or so extra rounds in a belt pack. Been stuck a time or two in non-hospitable places longer than anticipated and have learned it is better to be prepared than without. An empty gun does not necessarily scare a hungry bear.
flb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flb »

Gee, what am I doing wrong? Have bummed around the Colorado mountains for 50 years and my standard companion is a .22 Ruger MK II. I use the CCI Velocitors and always a beautiful stag handled knife. We have bears and mountain lions but I am more worried about the weather than animals. We have lots of lightning and sudden storms and many die every year here from being unprepared. Animal attacks are very rare but do use the .22 for potting a grouse or rabbit, fishing is easy so I do that. I also carry a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 sometimes. Hunting season brings on the 336 in the hills and a bolt gun for antelope on the plains. All good.
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Yes indeed. How to accessorize has been an age old question dating back to the cavemen. Big rock, little rock AND club, spear with club... The dilema is timeless. I have tried to keep it simple. What if something needs to be shot out to 200 yards, or am I standing on that buzzing noise!! What if the pygmy polar bear is acting hinky. What do I want bouncing around my ankles or his nose?? Menacing rogue pine cones. Life would seem simpler if I only had one rifle and one pistola. I usually decide to exercise one of each while strolling around, with a pocket, belt, or bag full of related ammo. The next trip we'll take different companions. Watch yer top knots. Wind
klrhunter650
Levergunner

Post by klrhunter650 »

I thought I was the only one that thought of this stuff. How about 444, 44 Mag carbine, 44 mag Vaquero and a sling shot. Ha.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

It depends on where I'm walking. If it's around my place, it's a handgun. Usually a Colt SAA in 45 Colt. It's not the critter I'm concerned with. If it's in the woods, it's my Freedom Arms 87 in 454 Casull. And, if it's hunting season, the rifle is what ever is appropriate for the animal I'm looking for. I don't do much varmint hunting so it's usually 30-30 minimum in the rifle.
Old Law Dawg
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I'm another one that isn't a big fan of pistol caliber rifles. I'd rather have the range or power of a real rifle caliber.

I generally carry a scoped 30-06 or 308 and a pistol daily while dog walking, if up on the mountain, it gets changed to a 35 Whelen, or 45-70 and 45 Colt with heavy loads, or 44 mag DA Smith. Sometimes the 348 goes. Now and then the 30-30 in the open country, but less recently. I like the range, power, and glass on the bolt guns. Gives me a fairly big "reach footprint".

I generally carry 30 rounds or more for the rifle when hunting, then the pistol is backup, and often only one reload. For summer on the mountain, the rifle is secondary, and it gets one reload, the pistol a belt of spares. Once in a while, I may take a 22 pistol along for grouse while hunting bigger stuff. This is in addition to the regular load.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Most days I don't walk far from the truck with my .38-55 trapper on the seat. If I'm going to do a lot of poking around w/o the truck it's often horseback and the trapper is in a scabbard.

There is ALWAYS a 45 on my person, either a SAA or a 1911.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I never carry two guns, at least not very often. Oh, I will when traveling, but when hunting I never carry but my rifle of choice for the day, however I do carry plenty of ammo, normally.

I just don't like to pack very much. And I am normally not much of a daypack person either unless I am hunting wilder country then my normal farm country.

The one time when I carry a handgun in addition to my main weapon is when I bow hunt. Since I have a CCW, it's legal for me to carry a side arm, concealed of course, for protection, that and or a big bowie knife. Before it was legal for me to carry CCW when bow hunting, I would always carry the big Bowie, because it came in handy for clearing shooting lanes, building a blind, and I just always felt better with some kind of weapon in addition to my bow.

And in the past I have often carried a large bore handgun in addition to my long gun when I was bear hunting, but never messed with it for deer hunting, unless I was deer hunting in bear country, espacally if I was muzzleloading, then I would carry a Ruger Old Army, for backup. The Ruger Old Army did come in handy for finishing off a deer or two over the years.
NRA Life Member, Patron
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I only have rifles, but if I did take a handgun it would be an opposite, large caliber when the rifle is a small caliber and vice versa.

For me carrying lots of water is more important than two guns. I figure to sink or swim with one gun, and devote the rest of the weight to water. I've been slimming down my daypack to let me carry more water.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

Here is mine

Image..Image
Image......Image
flb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flb »

tn gun runner, I like your style, thanks for the pics.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

For the 11 months 3 weeks that is it NOT elk season, I can usually be found with a Marlin .44 and a .44 revolver of some sort. I carry 2 loads on my belt for either gun and if I want to pot a grouse or bunny I'll slip a light load in the rifle and make very little noise. Or if I need to shoot something big(er) I'll stay with the heavier load.

12 heavier rounds in the rifle, 5 lighter loads in the revolver and another 12 (6 of each load) on the belt leaves me well set for a couple weeks of wandering around with a backpack in the mountains.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I never carry rifles and pistols in the same caliber. Just didn't see a reason to try to match them up while hunting. If I was just walking around plinking, I'd probably carry one of my Marlins in .32-20, and one of my single actions in the same.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Don McDowell wrote:Well I've come to the conclusion that really useful handgun cartridges for daily carrying have a 4 as the first number in the bore diameter.
So if I'm carrying a handgun while draggin a rifle around the handgun bore diameter starts with a 4 , no matter if the rifle starts with a 2,or a 4 :D
+1
Unless we are talking specifically about Handgun Hunting in and of itself (where one is a truly accomplished marksman) -
Need to shoot game accurately and humanely? The rifle is the best way.
Somethin' or someone jump you? Use the largest, meanest handgun caliber that you can reliably shoot ACCURATELY under time constraints and stress. For me, not being in Grizzly or tiger country, that is the .44 Mag.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

flb wrote:Gee, what am I doing wrong? Have bummed around the Colorado mountains for 50 years and my standard companion is a .22 Ruger MK II. I use the CCI Velocitors and always a beautiful stag handled knife. We have bears and mountain lions but I am more worried about the weather than animals. We have lots of lightning and sudden storms and many die every year here from being unprepared. Animal attacks are very rare but do use the .22 for potting a grouse or rabbit, fishing is easy so I do that. I also carry a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 sometimes. Hunting season brings on the 336 in the hills and a bolt gun for antelope on the plains. All good.
Here in California, where cougar attacks were practically unheard of, things are changing as more and more people crowd out the wildlife with their foothill suburban subdivisions. We increasingly read about cats attacking folks, even in Southern California.

And the same thing is happening with bears, who are now being inured to their fear of humans as the city folks think it's cute to feed them at campsites, or leave their food where the bears can smell it. They relate cars and campsites to food, and have in fact broken into parked vehicles. At least in this state, I would be concerned about having only a small caliber weapon to fend off an angry and/or hungry wild feline or bear.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

Like to say 44 revolver & 444 Marlin (or my M1894 in 44 mag) but my New Vaquero's in 45 Colt. Could go with the Winchester in 45LC, but the 30/30 is better suted for me.
Got an ammo belt that the dog chewed some loops (last 5 on the left side) off. Beleave me he learned not to do that again! Did find out that those 6 loop leather, "belt slide" ammo holders slide right on it like it was made for it. So now the belt holds holster, 18 rounds of 45LC and six 30/30 or 444s .
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I guess it would depend on your AO, when I hunt I carry a rifle and a belly gun because Iam usually ahorseback and in this country everything will bite, scratch and stomp you plus if it buggers your horse you dont want to be drug to death. Ive had more than one bear come in on me while I was breaking down an animal to pack and a belly gun solves keeping your rifle inhand. Rifle is different caliber than the revolver unless I was dealing with bandits then a rifle & revolver in the same caliber would be handy. danny
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

Rifle is different caliber than the revolver unless I was dealing with bandits then a rifle & revolver in the same caliber would be handy. danny
Yea, a pistol caliber carbine is hard to beat in a street fight. :)
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

flb wrote:Gee, what am I doing wrong? Have bummed around the Colorado mountains for 50 years and my standard companion is a .22 Ruger MK II. I use the CCI Velocitors and always a beautiful stag handled knife. We have bears and mountain lions but I am more worried about the weather than animals. We have lots of lightning and sudden storms and many die every year here from being unprepared. Animal attacks are very rare but do use the .22 for potting a grouse or rabbit, fishing is easy so I do that. I also carry a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 sometimes. Hunting season brings on the 336 in the hills and a bolt gun for antelope on the plains. All good.

flb,

I'm not saying 'you're doing wrong' but from some points of view what is happening is that you're trusting to luck and the good will of others for your defensive safety. Some are a little short of that sort of faith, me included.

I agree that when it comes to odds, the weather is much more dangerous. Do you "dress for the walk, or dress for the spill"? I bet when it comes to the weather, you dress for the spill. Some of us dress for the spill in other ways also.

Cat
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BigSky56 wrote:...Rifle is different caliber than the revolver unless I was dealing with bandits then a rifle & revolver in the same caliber would be handy. danny
Where I live I'm far more likely to come up on "bandits" and porta-meth than Big Critters.

So yeah... No sense fumbling for the "right" ammo in a fight...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

My leased place in Central OK is a little brushy in spots.... I carry .357 Colt Clone and a 94 Marlin. .357 splits the middle... it's big enough for a handgun and stout enough for a rifle. With the cedar and rolling terrain taking really long shots at coyotes is rare.

In Michigan folks lived a bit closer... .22 New Frontier (or SW 18) and a 12 g shotgun.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I like to have a .357 lever carbine around, to share ammo with my .357 revolving pistols, but it is an overall logistics thing, not so I can carry a carbine and handgun with matching ammo. My usual go-to long weapons are .223, .308, and 12 gauge, with other such things as .45-70 and .375 H&H being available for specialized purposes. I still haven't figured out where the .357 Marlin fits in, just yet, other than a fun gun or third-string home defense. OTOH, my wife's HD/recreational carbine is a .357 Rossi, and her defensive handguns .38 SPL and .357 mag, so 38/357 is all she is likely to use for all purposes, unless she borrows one of my weapons. She has whacked a boar with a .357 sixgun, and it was down and twitching after the first shot, with the second being to stop the twitching. She knows I used a .357 to abruptly end an attack from a bad guy. She is pleased enough to use .357 for everything, and thinks ammo interchangeability makes sense. She is no dummy, having an "M.D." after her name, and she works for the M.E.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

I will generally pack opposites, prefering my Buckmark while deer hunting. I have an awful lot of fun with jackrabbits. During scouting it's a Marlin 39A (again, jackrabbits :D) and a 44 or 45.

The exception is when I'm deer hunting down near the border. I'll have my trusty USP Compact 40 or a 1911 with two or three mags. Still, though, the rifle and pistol are different calibers.
Chad
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

71fan wrote:I will generally pack opposites, prefering my Buckmark while deer hunting. I have an awful lot of fun with jackrabbits. ...
Up until very recently, carrying a .22 or any other "not legal" handgun (i.e. less than .357m or almost any autofeeder) during deer season - for any reason - was a good way to get a big fine.

Now you can carry a CCW in the woods, but you have to have your CCW permit... and I could STILL get in big doo-doo for using my snubby while deer hunting - 'cause the bbl has to be more than 4-1/4"...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by silverbuzzard »

Lived in western Montana and now back in Northwest Indiana near Chicongo , nothing less than a .357 mag snubby, .45 preferred,
I figure if I'm goin down ,whatever got me won't have any wind left in their sails
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Well, when I'm out and about I carry a XD9 and a Jframe smith. but thats for two legged critters when in town. :D. When in the country, I carry my Rossi 357mag or (prepare for forum blashemy) My AK-74 or AK-47. My side arm is my S&W 686 4in. bbl 357 mag. For the EBR's I have a chest rig that I keep on hand that hold several extra mags. Plus their just funner than heck to shoot!
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy