Lever # 18 + 19 Ithaca H-49s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Lever # 18 + 19 Ithaca H-49s

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Last edited by JOHNNY WACKO on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Lever # 17 + 18 Ithaca H-49s

Post by FLINT »

Sweet! I love those guns.

My dad has one that he got when he was 14 or something.

I used it to win a 4H competition when i was about 14. It made the judges smile, because there were a lot of kids with match looking rifles decked out with fancy sights and stuff and there was me, this poor country kid with this beat up single shot ithaca and I won.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lever # 18 + 19 Ithaca H-49s

Post by C. Cash »

Love those little Ithaca's. :) I started shooting on one when I was about 5 years old with my Dad near the Superstition mountains. Always used Win. Wildcats both LR and S. The shorts would not seal in the chamber and you would invariably wind up getting some hot gas in the eye. I'd cry it out for a little and go back to shooting. Good times and thanks for the reminder.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wanted one way back when they first came out but never saw one over here :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Interesting, never knew they made them :!: :!:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Borregos wrote:Interesting, never knew they made them :!: :!:
I'll post again which will surely kill the thread, so apologies ahead of time JW. :oops: There is scarcely a better trainer for a young man/woman if you can find one in good shape. With the martini action open, you just drop a single round into the top of the reciever groove and it slides easily into the chamber...no fumbling. Easy to check for an empty chamber, and when the hammer back it is ready to fire! That hammer back makes sense to kids, and is the epitome of simple. Also, it's a sure way to hook a youngster on a lever...don't ask me how I know. :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Yep, kids love em. Mine's trained a dozen kids to shoot, been carried a whole bunch, and probably has a half million rounds through it.

Certified gun nut
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

They are everything you guys have stated and then some.I too had started with one we got from a store that had it on sale for under $20.00 with a chip in the stock.Its still around in that guys grandson hands now.
Simplicity at its finest.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Aderondak Jack,
Is that the one your Dad made a scope mount for?
Or am I thinking of another post?