OT for all the SOUTHERN Boys

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

OT for all the SOUTHERN Boys

Post by Barcelona Rick »

A traveling implement salesman breaks down on a lonely East Texas road. He tries but just can't get his old truck to start. He walks a couple of miles down the road and sees a farm house. So he walks up to the front door and the dogs go wild. The old farmer comes to the front door and the two visit awhile about the broken down truck. They decide to take the farmer's tractor to pull the truck back to work on. Everything goes fine but they can't get the truck running. The farmer tells the traveling salesman that he can eat supper and spend the night there. Salesman agrees and they both clean up. Well they visit for awhile in the palor and the farmer tells the salesman to come into the dining room for supper. They sit down and the door opens and a really good looking 25 year blonde walks in with a great big platter of turnip greens and cornbread. She is everything a man would desire. Well the old farmer tells the salesman that she is his second wife and she can really cook. He also tells the salesman that he is sorry that they only have turnip greens and cornbread but they had a poor crop that year and they were running short of money. The salesman tells the old farmer that he likes turnip greens and cornbread. Well the old farmer says grace and takes out a great big butcher knife and divides those turnip greens right down the middle. He tells the salesman that they would eat half for supper and save the other half for breakfast. Man those turnip greens were great. After supper the young wife cleans up and the old farmer and salesman visit by the fireplace. The young wife comes in and said she was going to bed. The old farmer looks over at the salesman and tells him they have alittle problem.....they only have one bed. But it's really not a problem....the young wife will sleep on the left side of the bed, the old farmer in the middle and the salesman on the right side. They all crawl in...about 2 hours later the dogs start raising cain, the mules start braying and the chickens go crazy. The old farmer jumps up, grabs his shotgun, loads it and tells the salesman and the young wife that he'll be back in a couple of hours. The front door closes and the young wife leans over and kisses the salesman.....she tells him she knows what he's been wanting all night long and now is his chance.....................................................he hollers, jumps up, runs to the kitchen and eats the rest of the turnip greens..... Well I smell my turnip greens and cornbread cooking so....

jumbeaux
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT for all the SOUTHERN Boys

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

We do more collards down my way ... with a big 'ole ham hock in there. Thanks for the brutally long read though. :wink:

I'm off to eat my bowl of "southern" Cocoa-Cocoa Krispies with a heaping tablespoon of Nestle's Quik sprinkled on top for good measure.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:We do more collards down my way ... with a big 'ole ham hock in there. Thanks for the brutally long read though. :wink:

I'm off to eat my bowl of "southern" Cocoa-Cocoa Krispies with a heaping tablespoon of Nestle's Quik sprinkled on top for good measure.
Now THAT sounds really good!

Thanks for the suggestion!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:We do more collards down my way ... with a big 'ole ham hock in there...
You MEAN THERE'S ANOTHER WAY TO FIX'EM???? :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I like to cube some ham steak up in mine instead of the ham hock. that way it's just about a meal in it's self.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm... that payoff wasn't what I expected! :lol:
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Guess I'd better try turnip greens sometime if they are that good :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Fairshake
Levergunner

Post by Fairshake »

Now, I'll be the first Louisiana man to say that we would have done her first , then went and ate the greens and last but not least went out to help the farmer as we are very thankful people.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

For some fried Okra, Biscuits and Milk Gravy maybe! :mrgreen: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

C. Cash wrote:For some fried Okra, Biscuits and Milk Gravy maybe! :mrgreen: :lol:
I do so love Okra both fried and as the thickener in a good gumbo. I'll never understand why northern folk seem to all fear Okra. Of course, I can't eat Cream of Wheat but love grits ... which I'm sure confuses many.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
C. Cash wrote:For some fried Okra, Biscuits and Milk Gravy maybe! :mrgreen: :lol:
I do so love Okra both fried and as the thickener in a good gumbo. I'll never understand why northern folk seem to all fear Okra. Of course, I can't eat Cream of Wheat but love grits ... which I'm sure confuses many.
Hey Rimfire...it's just that they've never had it prepared properly, or real biscuits and gravy either. Most only know the Cracker Barrel versions! :roll: This thread is killing me, as I'm on a crash diet :cry: .
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Okra was done to y'all for something ya did bad...... :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

BlaineG wrote:Okra was done to y'all for something ya did bad...... :P
One trip to my Grandmother's table would turn you into a disciple Blain, or I'd eat my hat. :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

C. Cash wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Okra was done to y'all for something ya did bad...... :P
One trip to my Grandmother's table would turn you into a disciple Blain, or I'd eat my hat. :mrgreen:
Prolly.....most of the fried I ever had was on Ethnic Night at the mess hall and you know how the potential is at a mess hall; they could screw up sweet tea..... Gumbo, of course, is great because it's all cooked up....just can't deal with the slimy/gooy green consistancy......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV