HUMOR: "You could have heard a pin drop..." (Pro Military)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

HUMOR: "You could have heard a pin drop..." (Pro Military)

Post by Old No7 »

Hope you guys & gals enjoy this as much as I did.

Old No7

When in England at a fairly large conference, Condi Rice was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if the U.S. plans for Iraq were 'just another example of empire building' by George W. Bush. She answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury all those that did not return."

...You could have heard a pin drop...

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of the French engineers came back into the room saying "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them? Ha!"

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "The U.S. carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three hot meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships... so how many does France have?"

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French Admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English at these conferences, rather than speaking French?" Without hesitating the American Admiral replied, "Gee, maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans all arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German!"

AND for the grand finale...........................................................

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically. Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France once before. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready!" retorted the customs officer. The American said, ''Well, the last time I was here, I didn't have to show it..."

"Bah! That's impossible!" stammered the stunned official, "Americans always have to show their passports upon arrival in France. Always!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look... Then he quietly explained, ''When I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to liberate this country -- seems I couldn't find a single Frenchman to show it to..."

And...

- - - - -
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Re: HUMOR: "You could have heard a pin drop..." (Pro Military)

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

love those come back lines. Talking to those folks in that a way is like talking to a drunk. Kind of like talking to the far left folks. They don't live in our world. (Thanks for the lines. I saved them to my computer files).
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Great Ones...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i like em
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Read those some where before never get tired of them. Thanks
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D I have heard these before as well...always good to refresh my memory. Thank you from a 3rd generation US Military Veteran, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

+1 on storing it in my 'puter. Excellent.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Read those some where before never get tired of them. Thanks
+1 :D

Glad they changed it from Colin Powell to Condi Rice too! :D :D :D