Finally got to the range and got at least one picture

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Finally got to the range and got at least one picture

Post by Old Time Hunter »

For me the new system of posting pictures just doesn't work. Back the the Photo Bucket routine...lost most of the pictures I took last Sunday too, since I deleted 'em from the camera and dissed 'em when I got frustrated from my last thread. Why can I not just copy from "my pictures" I wonder?

Anyways the last remaining one:

At least I made out!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Finally got to the range and got at least one picture

Post by J Miller »

Thats a nice little range. I wish I had a place like that closer to me.

And that untouched area of snow just ahead of the benches was just begging for a snow angel. Or a snow man.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Nice range, do you have a covered firing line?
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Here's a snow angel for you Joe :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

This is my personal range off my back porch

Last edited by TX Gun Runner on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image
Image......Image
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pete
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Borregos wrote:Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
+ 1 :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:
Borregos wrote:Nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
+ 1 :mrgreen:
+2 Man am I jealous!!! :mrgreen:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The downside of having your own land and range is you miss the camaraderie and 'networking' and 'marketing' aspects of shooting sports, and the latter two have resulted in a fragmented bunch of folks to fight gun control, who are all but invisible to the general public hobby-wise (they never show anyone in a movie shooting for a hobby unless they are going to be later on found out to be a bad guy :evil: ).

My range maxes out at 100 yards, so I do have to crawl out of my hole and shoot with others to use a long range, and I'm trying to get used to that, but the schedule and having to haul stuff around is not fun. (I really don't envy you guys who have to do most or all of your shooting at public or club ranges!) On the other hand, I want to meet other people in my area who like to shoot, and it's as good a way as any.

Public, 'club' or private, we should ALL make much effort to take non-shooters out for a range session with some non-intimidating firearms as often as possible. Even taking the avid duck-hunter out to shoot pistols can be educational.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Borregos wrote:Nice range, do you have a covered firing line?
Back porch
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

AJMD429 wrote:The downside of having your own land and range is you miss the camaraderie and 'networking' and 'marketing' aspects of shooting sports, and the latter two have resulted in a fragmented bunch of folks to fight gun control, .
I do the SASS/CAS and I have friends over and we have little matches . Everything shot off back porch is off hand . I normally have my archery up and running but the hay was smelling so I bush hog it down . I'm 66 yrs old and it was dream to have my own gun range and cat fish pond . My channel cats avg 8 lbs and on light tackle they are a blast when a 12 lbs hit .. That pond is spring fed and 26 ft deep .

Image..Image
Image......Image
okdee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by okdee »

tn Gun Runner, Your livin my future life! :D Cept, mine will be on our farm in North Central Missouri. You got my fire burning again and now give me some more thoughts as to markin out a shooin line! One change, though, instead of catfish, I hope it will be crappy in the pond! :wink:

Thanks for the pictures!

Oklahoma Dee
FAMILY
NRA LIFE
TSRA
SASS
HGCA
Life is Grand! Live it!

OKDEE
Fairshake
Levergunner

Post by Fairshake »

What a set up!! Okdee I don't think I would want a pond full of crappy; the smell would be hard to put up with. Now if you want crappie thats a different story or sac-a-lait as we say in Louisiana. Just funning with you.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

If you like to hunt , 2 side of my land is TVA water shed to keep the lake water clear . and no trees or brushes can be removed , zero improvement and no off roading are allowed , which makes this a super hunting area and it is land locked . I pay taxes on 13 acres but I have 500 + more acres free to use .

Image..Image
Image......Image
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

That is very nice. I would need a barn and a place for my mule to graze!! :mrgreen:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Tn gun runner, that is way cool! I too would love to have my own range and fish pond. Unfortunately with my wife's health probably won't happen.

I do belong to an Izzak Walton gun club about 10 miles from my house. Since I work Thursday night - Monday night I usually get out to shoot mid-week and most of the time I have the ranges to myself. But with the club I have met and made friends with several others and we make arrangements to get together and shoot.

Recently a black lady raised in D.C. came to work with my unit, she moved here about 3 years ago. Needless to say she has never handled a firearm. As we've become friendly I recently asked her if she would like to go shoot 1 day. At 1st she said no, but almost immediately she changed her mind and said yes. So in about a month when the weather warms up a bit I'll be taking her shooting.

Last year I got a buddy back into shooting by inviting him and his 2 boys to go with me and Ava. They loved it. Almost immediately he went out and bought a 9mm Beretta. Now the whole family shoots.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is a great setup. I am totally jealous. May you enjoy it to your dying day.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost