Humour - The Counterfeiters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Humour - The Counterfeiters

Post by El Chivo »

A counterfeiter was not paying close attention one day and accidentally ran off a whole slew of $18.00 bills. With the cost of ink and paper, this was an expensive mistake.

He told his partner, who said, "Wait, don't throw those out. Let's go to some hillbilly town, where the people are all hicks, and pass 'em there."

So they put on their overalls, got in a beat-up truck and drove the tortuous mountain roads until they got to a little town that looked like it hadn't had any contact with the outside world for decades.

They got out and went walking down Main St., until they saw a fairly prosperous looking man about to pass by. They stopped him and said, "Hey mister, have you got change for an $18.00 bill?"

The man pulled out his wallet, and said, "Sure do. How do you want it, three sixes or two nines?"
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humour - The Counterfeiters

Post by Borregos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't see that one coming!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ahhh the joys of Fiat Money.

There are places in Alaska where the same check has been passed around for years - without ever being cashed.

No point... if everybody says it's worth $20 it's worth $20.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

This reminds me of those three dollars bills that had Clinton's (Bill) face on them. I really don't like being reminded of the Clintons. :evil: :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Does anyone else remember the Abbot and Costello routine with two tens for a five?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

piller wrote:Does anyone else remember the Abbot and Costello routine with two tens for a five?
Bud Abbott: Have you got two tens for a five?

Lou Costello: Yeah.

Bud Abbott: There we are. There’s your ten.

Lou Costello: (irritated) Come on, come on!

Bud Abbott: What’s the matter with you? Something wrong?

Lou Costello: Yeah, fifteen dollars went south!

Bud Abbott: What do you mean?

Lou Costello: You give a lot of fast talk! You say, "give me two tens for a five" and I give it to you.

Bud Abbott: Oh, you did? Wise guy! Okay, here’s your five, give me back my two tens.

Lou Costello: That’s better.

Bud Abbott: Now get out of here.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gun Runner »

Some years back the Calif. hiway patrol had 55 dollar bills made up to show what the speed limit was then. They were longer and wider than regular bills. Bunch of us sitting around a big table in the local coffee shop, and one of the guys says its my turn to pay for the coffee. The rest of us go out in the parking lot and this guy comes out laughing. Whats so funny. I gave the waitress the 55 dollar bill and she gave me change. We all knew the owner as he was a local. Guy went back in and talked to the owner. He dint beleive it and went and checked the cash register drawer. Shure enough there it was. He called the waitress over and asked why. She said it had to be good because it was issued by the Hiway patrol. Pat paid for the coffee with real money, plus gave the owner the change back from the 55 dollar bill. Next day that waitress wasant there.

Gun Runner