OT Eastern KY

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

OT Eastern KY

Post by Rusty »

Wed. a week ago I was asked by my company to go out of state, which is something we usually don't do, I usually only run in the state of Fla. They needed a 750 KW generator up there to power the distribution center because of the ice storm. I was wondering how things are in that area now. The DC manager told me when I was there that in Richmond there were 145,000 people with out power. I hope everything is back to normal by now.

Thanks,
Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT Eastern KY

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, I don't know about Eastern KY, but Northwest Arkansas sure got hit hard by the same storm. I was out of power for 11 days and just got my power back up, last night.

I live in a rural area, and it took a day and a half just to cut ourselves out the the highway. And even then, I could only get out with my old 83 Ford 4WD, because I didn't want to risk tearing up any of other rigs.

I am sure glad I had a wood stove, and some coal oil lanterns, and several jugs of lamp oil stored up. I never did get a generator, but I was tempted, but after loosing all of my food, more or less in the fridge and deep freezer, I didn't see much of a hurry to get one. But I think I will eventually end up with one, I am just not sure what kind of generator I want to get just yet.

Before this, the longest I can remember being out of power was 3 days in a snowstorm, about 15yrs ago or so. And other then that, we had never been out of power over a few hours at a time. I knew it could happen, but I really didn't expect to be out for 11 days, and some people are still out of power.
NRA Life Member, Patron
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Eastern KY

Post by mescalero1 »

Kind of gives you a different perspective.