OT- Midway's site

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Midway's site

Post by Andrew »

Is anyone else having trouble with the Midway site? I have been on there for awhile off and on trying to look at stuff, but I keep getting a "Server is too busy" page. Either that or it just sits there "working" on opening the next page for forever and a day. :x I guess there may be a ton of people on there but I have never had trouble like I have had tonight.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Midway's site

Post by 20cows »

I got that message twice tonight, but it was a short term problem.
revolverjunkie
Levergunner 1.0

Post by revolverjunkie »

ya i had that sme problem tonight as well
might just be a run on EBR (evil blakc rifle) stuff :?:
Your friends might get me in the rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe. Tombstone.

when guns are banned there will be two groups with guns the government and outlaws.
I intend to be among the outlaws
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I also received the Server error message, as I was using Reloading/Ammunition Boxes/Filter by Caliber (or words to that effect). But I have had problems with this particular filter before, as I order cardboard and styrofoam ammo boxes for my recent handloads.

Other portions of the site are a little quicker, but it appears that they are just doing a lot of business tonight. Maybe it has something to do with further reaction to tonight's State of the Union address (or whatever you call it) by President What's-His-Name.

FYI, I ordered some boxes earlier today and finally got through. Midway has already shipped my first order, per their e-mail notification.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

On my last order I put in the comment section to "Keep Larry away from the computers he's slowing things down" Actually I did put a comment in that if I didn't have the catalog at home to input the part number ,I would never be able to find it since their servers are timing out alot. It's gotten quite bad these last few months. I think it's time for Larry to buy some new servers.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

It seems to be working good now. I use Midway for alot of browsing and price checking so I was getting withdrawl symptons last night. :lol:
ImageImage
The Boring Blog
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sooo getting tired of "Out of Stock"

Seems like Remmington is keeping up with demand a little better than Winchester but every time
I look somethng up it's "out of stock"
I need 250 Savage and 30-40 Krag and can't find any.

This sucks!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i orderded okay from them on sunday. haven't been on since.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think there is a sizeable problem with people who believe (rightly or wrongly) that the fecal material may soon hit the oscillating ventilator. We/they are stocking up on the kinds of things one might want to have to shield oneself from such material. It isn't just Midway, but they are well known and popular.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

The newest version of their search function is the pits.
Slow is just slow.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

2ndovc wrote:Sooo getting tired of "Out of Stock"

Seems like Remmington is keeping up with demand a little better than Winchester but every time
I look somethng up it's "out of stock"
I need 250 Savage and 30-40 Krag and can't find any.

This sucks!
I was looking at their .45lc ammo only to find of the 60 listings(yes, I counted) 38 were "Out of stock, Backorder OK" with just a few(3) unavailable and the balance(19) "Available". :x
ImageImage
The Boring Blog
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tommy Reb »

+1 on Midway's site problems. The current search function is especially bad. Also, it seems lately that they almost never have what I need (want) in stock and their "expected delivery dates" are jokes. I very rarely actually order anything from them any more. They have become for me a supplier of last resort!
Unreconstructed
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

cas wrote:The newest version of their search function is the pits.
Yep
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I use Graf and Sons, they beat Midways prices and seem to have more in stock. Although Midway does have more of a selection.

Steve
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

I have always found Midway's site, Slow and a PITA...

I have been ordering from Natchez, for that reason..

Only go to midway when not available at Natchez...
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Hate to be negative but it seems to have been this way since the election-we now have the greatest gun salesman in recent history-obama!That with the war as well as action by the UN.Surplus ammo for example has gotten crazy price wise if you can find what you want.People who had no interest before are buying up what they can ( guns,ammo....) for fear that it will not be there much longer.Midway is very popular so I think it just natural that they are hard to get to.Will have to look at natchez.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Tried the site 3 times,last night tonight and this am.Am worked great Pm's so slow I thought My machine was having another vista- ism.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

no complailnts, ordered 3 steel ejector rod housings last friday night, billed monday, arrived on thursday, with a new catalog.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Their new catalog arrived Tueday here. My wife now thinks I'm looking at girlie magazines in the bathroom, since I take quite a bit longer to finish my business with the catalog being in there! :lol:
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I have to agree getting around Midway or any other gun related supplier has been interesting lately. I have ordered several things from middway and most shows up with 2 weeks even for stuff that I was a little slow in ordering and had to wait for restock. With the Washington Massacre coming folks are just getting ready for the collapse of the whole government now we have such and Honest upstanding individual leading us who thinks that kissing a terrorist is the right thing to do. I don't think we will see anything good for a long time and fear is driving folks who would never have purchased a firearm to get one or more and the ammo to learn how to shoot and do it with authority. Someplace I saw before the elections there where 81 million firearms owners and since we have become around 100 million and counting. That is a very big issue to take on when you say that the second amendment means nothing to 100 million citizens who think our wrong. It works out to be like maybe 1 in 3 people now have a firearm, adults I think that is but who knows could include young shooters too.
My dealer had two black guns up on the rack one day when I was there and someone walked in and looked at and took them just like that and a whole lot of ammo too like 5 cases as they where on sale don't remember the price but that had to be a good sale. Me I was after another lever gun and found it while waiting to ask about a shotgun and hope they can get it. It just might be the only black firearm I ever have as black just isn't my color for firearms.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV