When?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

When?

Post by Yance »

When did Marlin change firing pin designs? Looking at spare parts and there are two different styles.

My "new" 1975 336 "clicked" on the first round I tried yesterday and had a VERY light mark on the primer. Next two were fine with good deep indentions.
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: When?

Post by J Miller »

Yance wrote:When did Marlin change firing pin designs? Looking at spare parts and there are two different styles.

My "new" 1975 336 "clicked" on the first round I tried yesterday and had a VERY light mark on the primer. Next two were fine with good deep indentions.
I have no idea when they changed the design, but before you buy any new parts you might pull the bolt out and clean it thoroughly. As old as the rifle is, it could be gunked up with old oil and / or debris.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yance »

Yeah Joe, that was my plan.

I just thought it'd be nice to have a spare or two on hand to guarantee that none of mine ever break.<G>

My oldest so far is my 1952 336A .35 Rem. Probably all use the "new" style anyway.
Yance

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yance wrote:Yeah Joe, that was my plan.

I just thought it'd be nice to have a spare or two on hand to guarantee that none of mine ever break.<G>

My oldest so far is my 1952 336A .35 Rem. Probably all use the "new" style anyway.
If you can't find "Wisner's" parts somewhere on the internet, send me a PM and I'll try to dig up the link. They have old Marlin parts, although the above comments should get you up and running.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yance »

No trouble finding parts, Numrich, Midway, and Brownell's has them, (Numrich for the "old" style), just trying to find out when they changed designs.

Disassembling the bolt today I'm pretty sure that the varnish that was formerly probably 3 in 1 oil was likely the reason for the light strike. The front pin now moves freely inside the bolt ready for another decent shooting day.
Yance