OT_ What Do You Carry In Your Truck.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JJ_Miller
Shootist

OT_ What Do You Carry In Your Truck.......

Post by JJ_Miller »

I was cleaning my pick up out today and amid the Lab hair, sand, dirt, targets, ear plugs and assorted shooting gear I found some things I guess I really need.

I try to carry some basic items just in case......

Jumper cables

Leatherman multi-tool

Surefire light

Basic socket set with SAE and metric size

Firsr Aid kit

Lighter

And of course the infamous " truck gun ".........

Of course I live in a warm climate so severe weather isn't needed. Just my 2 cents worth. How about the rest of you............................JJ
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT_ What Do You Carry In Your Truck.......

Post by Tycer »

One of my 72-hour survival kits I made with instruction from Cody Lundin's 98.6 Degrees book.

water

BC powder, band-aids, toothpicks, blanket, extra hat, clean white t-shirt, hiking shoes/boots

box of 50 rounds for each gun I concealed carry and the truck gun

multi bit screwdriver, channel locks, hammer, wire cutters, flashlight, box cutter

super-glue, duct tape, dust masks, nitrile gloves, work gloves

tow cable, jumper cable, fixaflat, ratcheting tie-downs

$200 cash

Pretty close to the same in Nancy's car.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I keep a tool box, flashlight, jumper cables, work gloves, duct tape, garbage bags, a change of clothes, fishing rod with a small tackle bag. Often times there is a bunch of other junk left in the truck. I forgot there is also a small first aid kit stuffed under the seat somewhere. I used to keep a shotgun in the truck, but no longer.
Oh yeah, another permenant item is a roll of toilet paper. It is the same roll I put in there in January of 2000.
Last edited by dr walker on Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have jumper cables, pliers, tape, flares, wire, screw driver with bits, spark pug gap set, gloves, adhesive, flash light, and a few other small things in a canvas bag. A first aid kit. I also have my walking staff, a change of clothes, hiking boots a 3 season rain jacket, and my bug out bag.

That bag is currently being made into an emergency responce kit. I'm thinking along the lines of first responding to a car accident, a fire, building collapse etc. This kit has a tool to break car windows and clear glass from the pane, more gloves, both laytex (blood hazzards) and canvas (avoiding cuts), medical kit (fairly extensive), a towel (for compression for bad cuts), a bandana (to stop blood), a flashlight, extra batteries, Knives - for cutting seat belts or clothes, water, snack bars, face mask, and a few more items along that line.

I also carry, but do not keep in the truck, a pistol, ammo, and a rifle, all in same caliber.
Last edited by rjohns94 on Mon May 04, 2009 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

The same basic stuff, guns & ammo go in & out with usage.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

TOOLS: Tow straps/cable, jumper cables, Leatherman Super Tool, extra heavy duty jack along with blocks, an all in one ratchet, socket (SAE/Metric), wrench (SAE/Metric) set.

GUNS: Remington 12ga 870 pump shotgun with various shells. Ruger 22LR 10/22 with 4-Bricks of ammo. Remington .30-06 760 pump rifle with 5-boxes minimum ammo.

I carry other stuff too -- i.e. spare jacket, those warmers that come in packages, rope, gloves, etc..

That's not everything but is pretty representative.
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A hatchet, a small shovel, jumper cables, tie down stuff, tow strap, 2 pair of gloves, flashlights, gun(s), me and all my stuff in my pockets including gun(s), towels, plastic bags, oil for gas mix, air compressor (small one by B&D), GPS (just got it), kleenex and extra napkins from various restaurants, hearing protection, and an extra hat (oh, and extra glasses).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Everything you'd need to rebuild your truck, build a house, doctor or shoe a horse, go on an extended camping trip, have a garage sale, open an ammo store, or start your own country! :lol:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Timothy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Timothy »

All I have is jumper cables, tow strap, and canteen. I dont keep a truck gun since the only places I go are work and shooting. If I'm going to town I'll have my ccw. So theres no real need to have one sitting in the truck for the burglers to take imo.
shooter444002
Levergunner

Post by shooter444002 »

jumper cables,tools,chainsaw,firerake,ammo for at least 15 calibers and gauges,rainwear, extra clothes,foxpro caller,gps,compass and lots of maps. but I do work in the woods most everyday. Usually have 2-5 different guns as well depending on the week and what I have been doing.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Travis Morgan wrote:Everything you'd need to rebuild your truck, build a house, doctor or shoe a horse, go on an extended camping trip, have a garage sale, open an ammo store, or start your own country! :lol:

lazarus long, nice to see you, didn't recognize you at first.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

How BIG is that truck?
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

It's an SUV. Stuffed to the gills.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Oh.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Tool Box w/Tools,Jumper Cables,Duck Tape,Gerber Gator,
First Aid Kit,3 Cell Maglight,Gore-tex both Boots/Coat,Castrol
Super Clean w/roll Shop Towels.Leather Gloves,Sunscreen,Bug repellant,small roll of Copper Wire,Tow strap,Double Bit Axe,
small folding Army Shovel,Bic Lighter,various sized Stainless Clamps/
Nylon twist ties,Bungy Cords,Army Blanket.Shooting Glasses,Earplugs.
Also extra qt. of Motor Oil/Tranny & Brake Fliud/ and gallon of half and half Antifreeze/Water.Craftsman Air Compressor, Guns as required of course!!! :D
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

My truck contents sound much like most -- tools, jumper cable, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, truck gun (Cut-down SKS with folding stock, and 10 loaded stripper clips). Perhaps the biggest difference that comes to mind would be in my first aid kit.

My kit is in a small nylon daypack so I can grab it and go in any emergency. It includes such things as a big role of duct tape, 2 sizes of safety pins, an assortment of sewing needles plus a couple of containers of unwaxed dental floss(for sutures), and sanitary napkins and tampons (not for the aid of ladies in need, but for stanching bloodflow of major wounds). Add 2 liters of water, a pint each of peroxide and alcohol, along with all the usual small stuff for small owies. With this, I can render some real aid in cases of automobile or hunting accidents with major injuries.

And flashlights -- man, you can't have too many flashlights! But I satisfy myself with two good ones plus spare batteries.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

old buck survival knife with sharpener&magnesium firestarter.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Since Pisgah mentioned it, I carry sanitary napkins also for the same purpose; thought I was the only one.
Nurse friend of mine told me there is nothing better.
Pays to be friends with women.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

A bed, food for a week, clean clothes for two weeks, books, a computer, two cameras, a flashlight, spare fuel filter, windshield washer fluid, tire chains, load straps, jumper cables, air hose for filling tires, tools... :lol:

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My little Suzuki (same colour as that truck though :lol: ) carrys a 21/2' hickory shaft one end ribbed! A small hatchet, plug in lamp, spare 22s and targ spots. Rope.
In the back is a dog box for Tia and towling to dry her of.
Lots of wood dust n' chippings, hmmm must clean it out :roll:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

450# of dogs + tools

Wife

Bare necessities :roll:

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I always enjoy seeing the pics of those "pups". :) That has to be the best car-jacking deterrents I've ever seen.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

SmokeEater2 wrote:I always enjoy seeing the pics of those "pups". :) That has to be the best car-jacking deterrents I've ever seen.

We thank you for your kind words -

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

DBW, Now thats a truck!!!!!!!

OJ, Now them some dogs !!!!!!

Big is Bad!!!!!!!!!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I don't have a truck.

I keep a set of cables, a basic combat lifesaver/medic bag, a full set of fuses, hoses, bulbs & belts, small tool kit, waterproof matches, lighter with "pocket butane torch" kit, hermeticly sealed water & hard salami, a hip flask of Everclear, 50rds .357, 50 rds .32acp, 200 rds .22lr, a Henry Survivor .22 Rifle, a Pheonix Arms .22 pistol, a couple of folders & fixed blade knives, OEM "road hazard" kit w/fuses & flares, 2 cans of sterno and a half dozen sealed liquid-parafin "candles".

Growing up in Wyoming that is about the minimum I'll keep in a vehicle that isn't off-road capable/doesn't have run-flat tires. Too many things can happen that will turn your car into a house/hospital and you need to be able to wait it out.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Hmmmmmm --- i have a crew cab 3/4 ton, so i have tons of room for things!

I keep a lint brush, tire pressure gauge, couple of cd's, a bunch of spare change and a pile of old receipts! :lol: I think there's a pocket knife in there too if the bad times --

Seriously though, I have an old K-5 affectionately nicknamed the War Wagon that i would like to put together a "Suburban Commando" kit for, but haven't got to it. I would probably likely use it for camping and things like that though. Most days, i am woefully unprepared in my daily drivers :D
----- Doug