OT: Elk Hunting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ornery
Levergunner

OT: Elk Hunting

Post by ornery »

Okay. I'm going to post this and if I shouldn't ....well tell me how to do it right. I'm trying to use proper chat board etiquette or whatever. :)

I own a ranch in New Mexico and have access to another 16,000 acres. The access has a great lodge and WORLD CLASS elk hunting. It has been written up quite a bit in hunting circles. The place has 35 or so permits available for this coming season. I worked out a deal for $6500 per hunter ALL INCLUSIVE! 5 days, fully guided, four star lodging, meals, the works. This place has a 95+/- success ratio and bulls average over 300 scores. 6x's are normal.

Now I know I don't post here a lot, mostly don't post ANYWHERE a lot because I type so slow, and I don't know any of you guys personally, but this IS an awesome deal. There are several options available including bringing the wife along :lol:

I am a levergunner, primarily, so I thought I would give you guys first crack. If you're interested let me know and I'll hook you up.

My website is http://www.theoutfitranch.com As I said, this is a great deal. The only additional costs are your state license and sales tax.

Again...if I'm breaching ettiquette here, I humbly apologize. I've been following this board a long time and you all seem like a great bunch of guys. I hope to join you on an Africa hunt one year. I have a home in Port Elisabeth,S.A that we very rarely see, so I envy you guys when I read your trip threads.

Appreciate you all............Ornery
Soy vaquero, nada mas.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Elk Hunting

Post by mescalero1 »

Thanks for the great offer and welcome here, you have committed no breach.
I have a place down south, and we have elk, so I won't be coming; but others will, again; thank you for informing us.
Yo soy vaquero, nada mas.
ornery
Levergunner

Post by ornery »

BTT :wink:
Soy vaquero, nada mas.
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

WELCOME
Lots of nice folk here and Terry too :lol:
Got lots of Elk country in my back yard but one of these years I'll be takin a trip for a outta state elk just cuz. Right just yet not but when I get to that point in my life I'LL BE GLAD TO LOOK YOU UP
thanks for the invite and again welcome
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I would really like to take you up on that offer but as I am not working and have a large family at home and being a DAV hunting is limited to if and when I get funds. I would like to hunt a cow elk, can't eat the horns anyway and I would like to use my 375 winchester that I had rebuilt to my specs which included a 26 inch octagon barrel. the only sad part is the smith that did it is gone now so I can't get another custom firearm I want built by him. He was the best I have ever found.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
ornery
Levergunner

Post by ornery »

shdwlkr wrote:I would really like to take you up on that offer but as I am not working and have a large family at home and being a DAV hunting is limited to if and when I get funds. I would like to hunt a cow elk, can't eat the horns anyway and I would like to use my 375 winchester that I had rebuilt to my specs which included a 26 inch octagon barrel. the only sad part is the smith that did it is gone now so I can't get another custom firearm I want built by him. He was the best I have ever found.
Cow elk is an easy one. Lots of cow tags around. Where are you located? It would depend on when you could come and so forth but I can generally locate a cow tag. See, the number one thing we DO here is hunt. It is our biggest business. If i can help a guy out to fulfill a dream, why not. The price for a cow tag on private land is cheap. :)
Soy vaquero, nada mas.
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I am near albuquerque and it would be such a big deal for me to be able to do this. I am trying to get back to work right now so I will have to let you know when I could get time off from work.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Wow,
I need to get serious about this.
I had NO idea , so many people do not have this opportunity and where I am from, the locals squander it.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Very interesting. I fished the Chama area many years ago and it would be fun to hunt there.
Already made plans for this year, but maybe next year.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
ornery
Levergunner

Post by ornery »

:) BTT
Soy vaquero, nada mas.
ornery
Levergunner

Post by ornery »

Update....Hunts are starting to book up, especially October. If you're procrastinating don't wait too long. If a group of you want to get together say 6-8 or so I will go to bat for you to get a further discount, if you book as a group. Be well, Ornery
Soy vaquero, nada mas.