Stolen Levergun - 336 in .35Rem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Stolen Levergun - 336 in .35Rem

Post by FWiedner »

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Stolen Levergun - 336 in .35Rem

Post by kimwcook »

I think we should lop fingers off thieves.
Old Law Dawg
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Kim,
We are a civilized society, and that type of treatment is too harsh.
However, restitution and a public flogging is within reason.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

kimwcook wrote:I think we should lop fingers off thieves.
That's too good for 'em. Hang, draw & quarter. Nothing I hate worse than liars and thieves.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

cnjarvis wrote:
That's too good for 'em. Hang, draw & quarter. Nothing I hate worse than liars and thieves.

+1 :evil: :evil: :evil:
NRA Life Member
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

This very subject of theft was on another site today. I copyied what I wrote and am posting it here. I really feel this way!

After haveing lost a fortune to thieves over the years I deeply belive they should be exicuted the FIRST time! Now, I know many if not most other people abhore that as extream. I would compromise somewhat and go along with the idea of takeing all their possesions, (after repayment of what is stolen), stacking it in a pile and torching it in front of them. Hurts, doesnt it? Another possibility is old bibical law where the bible said, "If a theif be caught he will be made to restore seven fold." Untill we get serious and do this, it will go on forever. It wouldnt stop then either, but I belive it would drasticly cut it down!
What I really, really hate, is the public attitude and law enforcement passiviness towards thiefs. Insurance is part of the attitude. Also modern day easy liveing. I am 68 years old and well remember working my butt off in the fields for 35 cents a hour. In those days us kids would get bloody noses over 10 cents if another kid tried tried to cheat us.
Drugs of course probley accounts for maybe 75 percent or more of thefts. Time to exicute them too! What is it going to be like shortly with the youth when they see TRILLIONS bantied about in Obamas counterfit stymilas? When they see the treasurey head selected after it is prooven he is a tax cheat? After seeing people get off lightly with stealing millions? Its long past time to get tough!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

You won't get an argument from me Bill.
NRA Life Member
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Shoot 'em in the head and be done with it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I kinda like the way thieves are treated in muslim countries. Their right hand is chopped off. I may disagree with muslims on many points, but on their treatment of thieves, we are on the same page. If a man is in need, I'll be the first to help if I can. I just don't like someone stealing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I hate thieves with a passion. I have no problems with any harsh punishment - the harsher, the better. In a country so generous, with so many people willing to help those down in their luck, theft is just a simple matter of lazy greed. :evil:
bbleverfan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bbleverfan »

i am not a big fan of theaves. i just recently got robbed myself. someone threw a bag of garbage in the back of my truck while i was in the grocery store so when i came out i went around back and threw it in the dumpster the store manager got my license number called the police they finned me $425.00. :lol: is that like stealing?
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

man i hate thieves with a passion we work so hard for what we have and some low life scum just sees it and decides
thay wont that to and takes it!!
about a year a go a freind of mine went to South Africa for afew weeks to visit family put his tools (he is a diesel mechanic)
$25000+ motorbike triumph trippelspeed in his shed all locked up and safe
only to come home to a empty shed the thieves had forced a roller door open and stole every thing
thay took his lively hood
i hate thieves
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

TedH wrote:You won't get an argument from me Bill.
+ 1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Looks like this levergun got found.

A neighbor saw some supicious characters in the area and picked it up off the FFL's porch but didn't bother to tell him, and then left town for the weekend. Gave it to him when he got back to town.

Good intentions are OK, but doesn't this guy have a phone? I think he's lucky he didn't have charges pressed against him.

Anyway, the gun was found and is now in it's new owner's hands.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

You know, that's a good idea. It would solve the gun control issues if criminals no longer had trigger fingers... :wink:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

FWiedner wrote: A neighbor saw some supicious characters in the area and picked it up off the FFL's porch but didn't bother to tell him, and then left town for the weekend. Gave it to him when he got back to town.
I probably would have gone over, knocked to let them know a firearm had been left on their porch, and if no answer, left a very clear note saying I felt the package was in danger of being stolen, who I was, and where I had taken it for safekeeping. how to reach me, etc.. Leaving the clear note is the key.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad it was found. I hate to think of a nice piece of human craftsmanship in the hands of a thief.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

While I like Bill's ideas, I see a problem with the return 7 fold deal....they will only steal 7 times as much from other folks to get you paid back. And since most of the law enforcement around here doesn't put as much effort into theft as they do traffic violations, who's going to catch them in the first place?

Ed