Newest Addition to the Collection

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Newest Addition to the Collection

Post by stew71 »

I just got back from River City Gun Exchange during my lunch break and came home with this nifty used Ruger Single-Six... :D :D

I can't wait to strip it down, give it a good cleaning, and try it out at the range, both with the 22LR and 22WMR cylinders. I've been looking for one just like this for about a year. Every other Single Six that I've found locally was either missing one of the extra cylinders or was a 3 screw classic. I wanted the New Model with the transfer bar safety so that I could carry with all 6 chambers loaded. Final price OTD after fees and taxes was $420. This little beauty will be perfect for those back-country hiking, camping, and fishing trips.

I'll post a range report and some pics when I can.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Newest Addition to the Collection

Post by madman4570 »

They are a great gun! she looks like a bute! :mrgreen:
What kills me with those babies, look how rugged they are built :o
I would say that gun will last ---Ah----Forever! :)
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Thanks MadMan....I just looked up the serial number at Ruger.com. This one was built in 1982 or 83. The previous owner took really good care of it....either that or hardly shot it. Except for some very, very, very minor scuffs and nicks on the grips and hammer area, it's almost NIB condition. The action has a very faint grittiness to it. Most likely, she just needs a good bath and some tung oil on those grips and she'll be as good-as-new.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

That poor thing will be lonely, ya can't just have one.

Now you need to get it a mate.

A nice three screw. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Very nice. I just traded for one myself yesterday! Hope they shoot as good as they look.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! 8)
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Very nice! :mrgreen:
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Congrats that looks nice. That little yellow box gives me the shakes. Nothing like taking a Ruger SA out of one of those for the first time........
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

now for some leather, and some more ammo, targets
oh, and another one for your left hand, what about
a 22 mag rifle to pair them up with. it just goes on and on......

nice find, by the way.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Nice. :)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

congrats. best of luck with her, sure she will prove to be a great shooter and woods companion.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Yeah as for leather I was considering Hunter's Western Double Loop rig from Cabela's. Looks like they have one just for the Single Six and the price is right at $50.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

stew71 wrote:I just got back from River City Gun Exchange during my lunch break and came home with this nifty used Ruger Single-Six... :D :D

I can't wait to strip it down, give it a good cleaning, and try it out at the range, both with the 22LR and 22WMR cylinders. I've been looking for one just like this for about a year. Every other Single Six that I've found locally was either missing one of the extra cylinders or was a 3 screw classic. I wanted the New Model with the transfer bar safety so that I could carry with all 6 chambers loaded. Final price OTD after fees and taxes was $420. This little beauty will be perfect for those back-country hiking, camping, and fishing trips.

I'll post a range report and some pics when I can.
What's the barrel length? I might already have a pattern cut out from the last single six holster I did.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1