Another one bites the dust

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Another one bites the dust

Post by Rusty »

Home invader gets stopped.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/06/scso- ... igate.html

They said when officer arrived on the scene they found the front door had foot marks on it at chest level and the body in the front yard still had the ski mask on it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another one bites the dust

Post by pokey »

GOOD
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Man I wish I could afford to move out of Kalicornia. In Kalifcornia the vic would be in jail on a no bail murder charge.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Alan Wood wrote:Man I wish I could afford to move out of Kalicornia. In Kalifcornia the vic would be in jail on a no bail murder charge.
Same here too :x

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

same here I wont to move out of here to!!
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I wonder if any government has worked out the difference in cost between one bullet and a funeral compared to a trial and jail time for the victim? :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Such a tragic loss.

New doors can be expensive.

"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I just love happy endings!

BTW, how can he be the "suspect"? PC BS! He was stopped dead, literally, in his tracks commiting the crime. Nothing "suspect" about it!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Jay, even in LE we use the term suspect to describe the perpetrator. It's when you have evidence, like in this story and they say "alleged" suspect that makes me shake my head. I know why they do it, but we give suspects to many considerations.
Old Law Dawg
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Anyone thats lives in a place where they would actually throw you in jail and charge you for murder doing what that poor women did to that BAD MAN! is nuts. :?: Get out of there :idea:

I would pick up pop cans to make a living somewhere else before living over there.California under those circumstances you would be fine.We are not THAT bad yet and hopefully never will be :evil:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Alan Wood wrote:Man I wish I could afford to move out of Kalicornia. In Kalifcornia the vic would be in jail on a no bail murder charge.
Once again, the ignorance of some is just overwhelming. In any local, in CALIFORNIA (LEARN TO SPELL), (there are none where even handguns are banned), if someone is kicking down your door, you are well within your rights to defend yourself. And since a normal person would be in fear of their life, you can use anything up to and including deadly force. You may later face a civil action, but the odds are no greater here than anywhere else in this country.

Okay, rant over.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jeepnik wrote:
Once again, the ignorance of some is just overwhelming. In any local, in CALIFORNIA (LEARN TO SPELL), (there are none where even handguns are banned), if someone is kicking down your door, you are well within your rights to defend yourself. And since a normal person would be in fear of their life, you can use anything up to and including deadly force. You may later face a civil action, but the odds are no greater here than anywhere else in this country.
Okay, rant over.
Au contraire, my friend, the odds are much greater in CA, NY, NJ, & MA... than say in WY, MT, TX or FL. In any of these you may still be arrested, booked and held pending an investigation... but charged... possibly, no. But, I feel much better about my chances of only being interrogated in TX, rather than being booked (charged) in CA. Actually a much clearer explanation of the state of CA law on the subject and why it's so confusing is contained in a review by the CPRA in FLORIDA'S NEW "CASTLE LAW" COMPARED TO THE LAW IN CALIFORNIA by By Gerald Upholt - Manager of Governmental Affairs. Please note ¶4, where it sez:
In California, that part of the law that is contained in the statutes, principally in the State Civil and Penal Codes, is not very comprehensive. Most of it was enacted in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The majority of current California law in the area of defense is contained in Case Law from numerous different court decisions. (Emphasis added)
Re: spelling, although a political statement that should, according to forum rules, be avoided in this forum... Kalifornia is, yes, a derogatory spelling; and, although Alan Wood doesn't list his locale, if a CA resident, I'd feel less inclined to chastise him over that choice. Why if a fellow Texan was to use a derogatory spelling (as if one existed), of Texas, I'd be less than critical of his choice. I MIGHT PM him and use a few choice words of my own... but.... oh, never-mind. :P :lol: :lol: (just yanking yer chain! :P :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I too get tired of "experts" explaining how life is in CA especially when they live in one of the more backward states! The only thing about CA is our restrictive gun laws. And remember, what happens here will soon happen where you are (watch for lead bans in your state too, Texass, Orygun, New Jerky, etc).
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Quote from the story:
"Unfortunately our suspect wasn't a stranger to this type of behavior, but we still aren't clear as to why he targeted this specific house - and whether he was working a lone."
So the perp had a record. Imagine that! Well, the record is now closed. Someone should have told him that some people don't like it when you break into their home, and may fight back.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

The only think I would have done differently personally - would be to wait for the door to come open - then I'd open up on the b*st*rd. But I think the fact that the shooter was a lady, she should be given extra consideration - she probably wasn't confident enough to wait to see if the door was going to hold. I'd want my wife to do the same thing!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Rusty, thanks for the post it's good to see more folks taking care of their own self. By the way we had fried pork chops, grits and tomato gravy for dinner, thought about you, kinda.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

From the California Penal Code:

198.5. Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or
great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to
have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great
bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that
force is used against another person, not a member of the family or
household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and
forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or
had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Yep....in florida....we dont tolerate scum...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

jkbrea wrote:From the California Penal Code:

Note that this specifies that the intruder is already in the residence when force is applied. Hence shooting through the door while the intended intruder is outside kicking the door down is dicey at best. Basically California is a the victim must retreat state.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Alan Wood wrote:

Note that this specifies that the intruder is already in the residence when force is applied. Hence shooting through the door while the intended intruder is outside kicking the door down is dicey at best. Basically California is a the victim must retreat state.
Sorry friend, we do not have to retreat. The places that have that little bit of niceness tell you you must retreat until no further retreat is possible. Now, the bit I read said nothing about shooting through the door. And kicking in the door pretty much is forcible entry.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Having worked in law enforcement in Southern California, attending numerous lectures and legal updates and receiving them via mail for years after I escaped from CA... all I can say is; you'd better know your local district attorney's views on the subject. Codified law is one thing... case law has modified much of that.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

jeepnik wrote:

Okay, rant over.

In Kansas, if you shoot to protect your or someone else's life, or to prevent what a reasonable man would think to be "great bodily harm", you CAN NOT be held civilly liable. Period. This is all a part of the Ks. Personal and family protection act. In Kalifornia, his "baby mama" will hire a sheister lawyer who will claim he touch another boy's dingus at camp when he was ten, and you shot him for being a fag. Then, they'll try you for a hate crime, take all you have, all you're likely to EVER have, and send you off to be buttraped by a bunch of Mongoloids who LOVE Kalifornia.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

mikld wrote:I too get tired of "experts" explaining how life is in CA especially when they live in one of the more backward states! The only thing about CA is our restrictive gun laws. And remember, what happens here will soon happen where you are (watch for lead bans in your state too, Texass, Orygun, New Jerky, etc).
Yeah, that's the ONE thing wrong with the state that, for the second time in what, forty years? Is going to have to issue state employees IOU's for paychecks? Last time they did it, banks wouldn't even honor them! This is the same state that declares "sanctuary" for illegals, then cries about prisons and social services being overcrowded! WTG on hiring the "Terminator" for Governor! (repeatedly)
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Also known as the "run and hide in your house" law.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

How'd a nice pleasant post on another scumbag meeting his well-deserved fate break down into a state-insult fest?

Seriously guys - we are all brothers. Don't let the anti's pit us against one another. Yes, there are differences between the states, and some of the states have more draconian gun laws than any of us would like to see. Some gentle ribbing isn't going to hurt anyone, but let's keep it to that and remember who's side we are all on!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Well said YK. I choose to live where I want, and this is still a free country. I hope the lady who shot that goblin doesn't have anything else happen to her.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Well said YK. I choose to live where I want, and this is still a free country. I hope the lady who shot that goblin doesn't have anything else happen to her.
+1000

Last year, here in Sacramento, a burglar was shot by a homeowner with a .22 rifle as he was running down the street to jump in the getaway car. The bad guy was hit in the butt a couple of times and the city DA wanted to prosecute the HOMEOWNER for attempted homicide. Well...when the word went out that this poor guy had been robbed 4 times with no result from the cops, public opinion swung things his way. The DA decided that his fat-cat career was more important than going after a guy who was fed up with the criminals being pampered by the justice system.

Too bad he didn't use a larger bore rifle....we'd be saving some taxpayer dollars.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

One of the local cops told me (after I'd been robbed) that a guy shot over a guy's head that was stealing his truck stereo, and hit him with two birdshot pellets. The shooter got ten years!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

The guys career has just ended, good.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

And knowing that Gun Control/Weapons Laws will never work, THAT is how to keep a "Felon" (violent predatory criminal) from owning guns... By making them EX. 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!