OT - Haz Mat Fee

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - Haz Mat Fee

Post by deerwhacker444 »

It appears to me that Grafs and Natchez will only charge you a Haz Mat fee once, even if you by a few pounds of powder and a couple thousand primers. Has this been your experience..?
:?:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Hobie

Re: OT - Haz Mat Fee

Post by Hobie »

Once per shipment.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Hobie wrote:Once per shipment.
But I think they can't send powder and primers in the same package so wouldn't they charge a HAZMAT fee for a primer shipment and for a powder shipment? In other words, you order 1000 primers and 1 pound of powder. Since they can't sent the two together, they charge a HAZMAT fee for the primer package and a HAZMAT fee for the powder package.
ED
Yer never too old
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I've also paid per container/box or whatever.
I always thought it was a bit silly you can buy ammo and ship it with no fee but you have to for the components....

I also repair gutta purcha (old old grips etc) and one of the chemicals I use I guess is so nasty there's only private companies that will even deliver it, ch...t sake that's expensive.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

David maybe you better not ask that question too many times. someone might pick up on it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Modoc ED wrote:
Hobie wrote:Once per shipment.
But I think they can't send powder and primers in the same package so wouldn't they charge a HAZMAT fee for a primer shipment and for a powder shipment? In other words, you order 1000 primers and 1 pound of powder. Since they can't sent the two together, they charge a HAZMAT fee for the primer package and a HAZMAT fee for the powder package.
Just sayin'. Ordered once, charged once, primers and powder arrived. I'm satisfied.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Yep primers and powder one pkg one fee. Midway charges twice since primer and powder is shipped from two different places. They keep neither in house. I buy all my primers from powder valley ,one hazmat charge, they ship fast and are good people to deal with!
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

The variant is Black Powder. It can not be shipped with anything and only alone, and a max of 25# per shipment and Hazmat charge.

I order from Graf's and Smokless & primers are shipped together in seperate boxes in one Carton. The ship FedX and I only pay the Hazmat of $22.50.
Graf's seem to be my go-to source at present. I understand Powder Valley is also a good source for components.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Shooter973
Levergunner

Post by Shooter973 »

Just what kind of "special" handling doe a Haz Mat shipping fee get you??? :? Has there been a surge in explosions or fires since the implication of Haz Mat fees??? :roll:
Just how does this method of shipping differ from regular shipping? :?:
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Shooter973 wrote:Just what kind of "special" handling doe a Haz Mat shipping fee get you??? :? Has there been a surge in explosions or fires since the implication of Haz Mat fees??? :roll:
Just how does this method of shipping differ from regular shipping? :?:
Those have been my questions ever since the HazMat fee was instituted. There wasn't a surge in explosions BEFORE the HazMat fees were imposed, and the fee was only $7, and was "supposed" to not go up. It's all part of the cost of government regulations.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Has there been a surge in explosions or fires since the implication of Haz Mat fees???
No, but think of how many there WOULD HAVE BEEN had there been no Hazmat fee.

The fee itself signifies how much government cares, and that in itself is enough to curb the irresponsible behavior of America's gun owners.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

foxtrapper wrote:Yep primers and powder one pkg one fee. Midway charges twice since primer and powder is shipped from two different places. They keep neither in house. I buy all my primers from powder valley ,one hazmat charge, they ship fast and are good people to deal with!
I emailed Midway a while back complimenting them on their easy to use web site and good customer service. I mentioned that I did not order powder and primers from them because of the separate hazmat charges.

I got an email back from Larry Potterfield and he said that the reason they don't store powder or primers in their warehouse is that it is too close to the Interstate highway according to some regulation, therefore it has to be drop shipped from the manufacturer.

I use Wideners, Powder Valley, and Graf's. I have been satisfied with all three.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Thanks for the info..!
:D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams