OT-It Ain't Right

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

OT-It Ain't Right

Post by DBW »

That illegal trespassers are given free healthcare, educations, etc., and US veterans get nothing for their sacrifices.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT-It Ain't Right

Post by Kansas Ed »

You're right, its terrible...but the gubment has no interest in it's servicemen....see servicemen/women are typically Repubs or Independents...the illegals are probable Dems when they get voting rights...so the controlling powers in Washington need to keep them happy.

Ed
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

America has always given it's Vets the short end.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Well, for 20 years service I get a pension that has been completely paying for housing and utilities and a couple toys every month. I'm getting (mostly) free medical care at VA. No dental, which was a lie, but for now I can get it thru work. I personally think that most Vets would not want to sit on their @$$es and collect freebies like the "others" do..... I think that Vets are/have been a big pawn in the battle of the Political Parties and things are better than either party wants to admit lest it make the other look good :wink: I think VA is having the same problems other Medical Plans are having: Less money available and more to do. When I go to VA at American Lake Hospital, I feel as if the only reason those people came to work was to take care of me....dang good people, IMO, as opposed to the (expletive deleted) Gubment Bean Counters and Politicians who want to steal everything for themselves :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

The VA has been rather good to me lately. They finally removed a lump that had been bothering me for a couple of years. However, earlier dealings with them have been terrible. They informed me last month that they were aware that I had Diabetes back when I ETS'd but didn't inform me until 2007(7 years.) Now, I have to take 80 units of insulin a day. If they would have told me when it first showed up, I would likely be on pills and diet.

For me, despite some complaints, I am ok with the VA. I don't always agree with them but I don't pay much for my meds. Several doctors did try to reccommend me for compensation from several injuries but I trashed the application. Don't get me wrong as there are many if not most who deserve it but I don't.