Seen a neat video

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Seen a neat video

Post by Andrew »

Last night where we were celebrating with friends I seen a really neat video. It was a dash-cam brought back by a guy that's fixin' to graduate the MSHP academy in a week or so. He brought it to share and I'm glad he did. Apparently they were heading to lunch one day, he and his wife in one car and the trooper in his state car, down interstate 55 here in MO. The trooper had passed a big rig and was toodlin' across a bridge when the van in front lost a tire; big time. Pretty much the entire tire came bumbling down the road stright at the tropper who had nowhere to go being as he was on a bridge. My friend told us that he was already scraping the side rail to try and get out of the way and it just wasn't enough. You watch it rolling like a tumbleweed and getting bigger and bigger in the dash-cam shot until right before it clunks him the tire falls flat on the highway and slides underneath the car. At 67mph I guess it hit just right and the right side of the car went up, up and over. Right there on the bridge he was on his top, sideways, sliding to a stop. My friend got a front row seat to watch and was able to stop and help right there thankfully. The trooper ended up with a small piece of glass in his eye and a couple scrapes so all in all not to bad considering. The response time was amazing; 3 minutes from the time his top hit the pavement to when the firetruck was on the scene. Wow.

Anyway, it was a really neat experience to get captured on video like that and the firsthand info made it just that much cooler. Sorry I couldn't really get it to post otherwise I would have.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog