Bwana Dave

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Bwana Dave

Post by mescalero1 »

When you lived in N.M., what part did you live in?
BwanaDave
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Bwana Dave

Post by BwanaDave »

I lived about 30 miles west of Santa Fe in the Jemez Mtns. I also have a place outside of Magdalena.

Dave
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Magdelana is a nice litttle place.
I bet Tennesee is a change.
BwanaDave
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BwanaDave »

Yes it is a big change. I have my little fortified compound about a half hour's drive out of Magdalena. I only have 30 acres but I am surrounded by NF land so I have a big back yard. We often traget shoot off the deck and people would think we were weird if we didn't.

Speaking of people I can only see about a dozen lights at night in the distance and most of those come from an Indian Reservation a few miles away. In the day time I can see over a hundred miles including Mt Taylor. I have to work hard to see five other buildings in the distance.

NM gun laws are great, your car is an extention of your home. The first time I got pulled over for speeding I had a 357 on the seat next to me. The officer didn't think anything of it. I just made sure he kept thinking that way by keeping my hands on the wheel.

I spend a week or two in NM every couple of months just to retain my sanity.

Dave
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

As that is my retirement place of residence, I don't have to explain to you why I look forward to the years ahead.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

As Dave said:
If he did NOT shoot off his back porch, the locals would think there was something wrong with him.
Great Place!
BwanaDave
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BwanaDave »

You are a lucky man. Are you familiar with High and Lonesome press out of Silver City? They are a small publisher that specializes in books on the West, guns and history. They reprint a lot of books on life in New Mexico in the past and a lot of classic hunting books that never saw wide circulation. Check out their web site. I can't imagine a better way to relax than spending time reading about the old days in New Mexico.

Dave
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Thanks!