OT - Loud Muisic

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

OT - Loud Muisic

Post by Griff »

I sure am glad I took the time today to install my "new-to-me" 850watt amplifier and put my 12" subwoofer back in my Kenworth. And ya know what happened right off? I drove down to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Laredo.... Anyway, as I drove in the parking lot I could see AND hear some youngster in his '03 Prelude was sittin' the listenin' to his rap music with his doorswide open & a few of his "buds" around. Since, as it just so happened, I was a'listenin' to Aaron Tipton's "Big Boy Toys"... SO, I cranked up the volume to about 16 of 35, with the sub turned up about ¼ of its' capacity, I drove by thumpin' LOUD N' REDNECK PROUD!

When I walked by after parkin'. He whined, "hey, mister, that bass thumpin' is really annoyin', I couldn't hear mine!"

I told him, "now ya know how irritating yours is!" And went & enjoyed a nice quiet dinner, as he turned his down to a tolerable level. My favorite waitress asked what I said to the kid to get him to turn his stereo down? I told her I just gave him some of his own medicine.

I had taken the amp, sub & cd changer out when I hired other drivers to drive this truck, and the factory system in my Peterbilt just didn't have the horsepower, and frankly, I missed this system! Mostly when in a traffic jam & some inconsiderate soul had their bass so high it rattles my fillings, let alone that I couldn't hear Johnny or Merle or Hank, Jr. Now, once again I can fight fire with fire! Since the law seems to frown on my desire to triple-tap their speakers.

Hope the rivets don't vibrate loose, 'cause I believe I'll keep annoyin' the 'lil rappers for the next million miles!

Edited to add the OT lable... sorry Hobie.
Last edited by Griff on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Loud Muisic

Post by Old Savage »

Good for you Griff!!!! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

fun!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good for you, Griff. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to because there are so many of them doing it anymore. But, it's still annoying when your sitting in your car, windows up, your own music playing and your bouncing around in your seat to their music because they've got two speaker boxes with four 16" woofers and who knows how much power.
Old Law Dawg
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ain't it funny how thet works: "An armed society is a polite society" - you simply selected the proper weapon, showing both maturity AND wisdom ! ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Did that in te barracks once - just before I moved off post...

Homeys blasking rap from a cheap AAFES stereo - speakers WAAAAY over driven.

I decided to drop in a little CD of mine and turn up the Adcom amp running to a set of Bose speakers.

When the 32' pipes from Toccata & Fugue hit the entire building was shaking and people outside were looking back & forth between my barracks & the Chapel across the street.

Got the point across... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

That's it. I gotta git me an amp and a sub woofer. I had a young gal pull up behind me in 45 mph traffic the other day with her Expedition blasting so loud my windows were rattling while driving. And get this, she had two kids in car seats (gonna be deaf soon enough. I need me about 600W of "Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain" to give em a dose of their own medicine. MY tinny old Dakota ought to boom and rattle real good ;)
Certified gun nut
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Judas Priest, don't those GawdAwful rap bands know more than one chord :evil: I just hate that nasty, atonal stuff.....even worse when it's all distorted from a crappy stereo :!:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Driving in LA I get this sonic invasion daily. What I've been asking around is if there is some sort of signal generator I can build and install in my truck that would cause static/interferrance in the "boom-chicka-boom" moron's system. When they pull up next to me at a stop, I can flip a switch and blast their system with 600 watts of static! :o (I also looked for a cell phone jammer but only found stationary, for buildings, not mobile units, as they may interfer with Police radio). BTW, I worked with a kid who bought a car worth about $250 (he paid more though 'cause it was cool) and put a $1500 stereo in it! :lol:

Or maybe just put an amp and speakers in the bed of my truck an listen to Hank, loud enough for me to hear in the cab with the windows up!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sometimes it's nice to give the music YOU like 'equal time' - I like all kinds except most 'rap' - so I'll blast anything from Alice Cooper to Stravinsky, Santana to Claude Chalhoub, Robin Trower to Rachmaninov. Good fun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Robin Trower, WOW, good music!
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Loud Muisic

Post by Leverluver »

Too bad it can't be made directional so that you can "aim" at them. Speakers on the rig pointed outwards might work. Sort of like the nitwits with their "fog" lights that they run all time. Always wanted to mount some 50 million candle power lights and fry their retinas.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

A while back people around here started putting "Locomotive Horns" in their cars/trucks. Really loud to get the "sonic invaders'" attention. Worked real good too, especially when you come up on an idiot doing 40-50 on the fwy talking on the phone (when everyone else is doing 65-80). A good 5 second blast of around 200 db would make for a change of panties :shock: . But, they were soon outlawed; too loud!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Rap is to music what an etch a sketch is to art. Not even close to music. The next time someone tries to tell you it is, just ask them to hum a few bars of their favorite "song." Real music has a melody.

I thought about getting some really good speakers and a CD recording of a street preacher giving the Devil down the road for just such occasions.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Rusty wrote:Rap is to music what an etch a sketch is to art. Not even close to music. The next time someone tries to tell you it is, just ask them to hum a few bars of their favorite "song." Real music has a melody.

I thought about getting some really good speakers and a CD recording of a street preacher giving the Devil down the road for just such occasions.
Oh, I dunno. If you stay away from "radio rap" and look around you can find some interesting stuff. Especially when you get one of the "Educated" rappers who bust polysylalibic rhymes and don't use violent/profanity.

Another fun anecdote... when these same schlubs figured out they couldn't win a stereo war with me, they tried to get all PC and claim that playing their bad rap really loud was "cultural" or summat.

Nex opportunity I had I was playing South African anti-Apartheid music... in Swahilii (Ladysmith Black Mombazo, Johnny Clegg & Savuka, Hugh Maskela, etc.) Somehow they didn't get it... :roll:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

AJMD429 wrote:Sometimes it's nice to give the music YOU like 'equal time' - I like all kinds except most 'rap' - so I'll blast anything from Alice Cooper to Stravinsky, Santana to Claude Chalhoub, Robin Trower to Rachmaninov. Good fun.

I love cranking up Ludwig Van's 9th Symphony on my 5' tower amps and annoying snot out of the
' billys next door!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

2ndovc wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:Sometimes it's nice to give the music YOU like 'equal time' - I like all kinds except most 'rap' - so I'll blast anything from Alice Cooper to Stravinsky, Santana to Claude Chalhoub, Robin Trower to Rachmaninov. Good fun.

I love cranking up Ludwig Van's 9th Symphony on my 5' tower amps and annoying snot out of the
' billys next door!

jb 8)
Try Toccata & Fugue (D minor) played on a really BIG organ... There are several good recordings out there.

It's fun, and it's easier to laugh maniacally to than Beethoven.... Just imagine you are Vincent Price/Bela Legosi...

MUHAHAHAHAHAH! :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries is also good to use. It is good when played loud, just don't get any flashbacks about loving the smell of napalm in the morning.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The close of the 1812 Overture (with the REAL canons...) played on 2 Ohm Klipsich Cubes is a good one to get the PTSD going too... :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

If you can't find an 1812 overture recording with real cannons there is always Peter Schikelly (spelling) aka PDQ Bach 1712 overture. The balloons beat most of what I have heard for cannon substitutes in the 1812 overture. :)
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

I am very familiar with the "audio invasion" as I work in a very bad area of sacramento. And sometimes the standard country and classic rock tunes just don't cut it when combating the rap music, may i recommend my favorite rap combating bands, Metallica, Slayer, and my personal favorite Iron maiden. When combined with a decent sound system the blistering fast slightly demonic sound of 80's thrash metal seems to blast your musical opponent into submission :twisted:
Break on through to the other side!!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

lever-4-life wrote:I am very familiar with the "audio invasion" as I work in a very bad area of sacramento. And sometimes the standard country and classic rock tunes just don't cut it when combating the rap music, may i recommend my favorite rap combating bands, Metallica, Slayer, and my personal favorite Iron maiden. When combined with a decent sound system the blistering fast slightly demonic sound of 80's thrash metal seems to blast your musical opponent into submission :twisted:
Weren't some of Iron Maiden's lyrics---You take my hearing and I'll take yours too, you crank it up and I'll crank it too. Sorry, but I couldn't help picking on The Trooper. Piece of Mind was a great album.
D. Brian Casady
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Weren't some of Iron Maiden's lyrics---You take my hearing and I'll take yours too, you crank it up and I'll crank it too. Sorry, but I couldn't help picking on The Trooper. Piece of Mind was a great album.

I like the new version!!! :lol:

I would have never guessed there were other Maiden fans on leverguns! :D
Break on through to the other side!!!
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

yeah i hate that to....would not mind if it was descent music

Iron Maiden IM listening to them right now
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I knew there were more reasons which would show up as to why I like this site. Maybe they should have Eddie carry a Winchester sometime.
D. Brian Casady
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

When I lived in the USVI, some knucklehead had 6 ft speakers in his carport and played this nasty, low rent rap all day long, about 150' from my place. Of course in the tropics, ya have windows open most of the time.... I can tell you with 100% certainty that high wattage driving speakers with several .177 holes in the paper sounds even worse, but soon the paper tears completely and even the crackheads shut it off.

Thank you Crossman for inventing the pump-up pellet pistol......

These days I'm just pleased to be on my motorcycle when subwoofer perdition rears it's ugly head.

My bike is quiet enough with stock pipes, but I DO have a set of WOLO Airsplitter MC air horns on it, and up close and personal, they will get your attention (like 3 ft away from yer driver's door)
Certified gun nut
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Rusty I think one of Brother Jim's tapes would proably do the job.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Alan Wood wrote:If you can't find an 1812 overture recording with real cannons there is always Peter Schikelly (spelling) aka PDQ Bach 1712 overture. The balloons beat most of what I have heard for cannon substitutes in the 1812 overture. :)
I have (among others) the Wurst of PDQ Bach... :lol:

The "Unbegun Symphony" is actually a wildly difficult bit of compositional compost. Love PDQ Bach... 8)
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

:lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Had the Pleasure? of doing PDQ Bach at Ohio State with Peter Shickly (SP?) rehearsing the band.....Whew, what an...um...er....annal-centric person..... I lost my taste for that stuff pretty darn suddenly, and that was fall '69, or perhaps Spring of 70.....At any rate, when time for the concert came, I bailed and instead did a pay gig with a traditional jazz band, flunked band, and bid farewell to Ohio State University; One of the better moves I ever made, btw, as the military was much more fun than going to school :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

mikld wrote:What I've been asking around is if there is some sort of signal generator I can build and install in my truck that would cause static/interferrance in the "boom-chicka-boom" moron's system. When they pull up next to me at a stop, I can flip a switch and blast their system with 600 watts of static! :o (I also looked for a cell phone jammer but only found stationary, for buildings, not mobile units, as they may interfer with Police radio).
I suppose a home-built short range (5 yard effective radius) EMP device would be the cat's meow for that sort of thing. One would need to shield the electronics of ones own vehicle and operating system, however, as well as make some mods to the side panels of ones van. It works especially well if the other vehicle does not have sheet metal body panels.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Alan Wood wrote:If you can't find an 1812 overture recording with real cannons there is always Peter Schikelly (spelling) aka PDQ Bach 1712 overture. The balloons beat most of what I have heard for cannon substitutes in the 1812 overture. :)
I have (among others) the Wurst of PDQ Bach... :lol:

The "Unbegun Symphony" is actually a wildly difficult bit of compositional compost. Love PDQ Bach... 8)

Ah yes the Wurst of PDQ Bach and the unbegun symphony :lol:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

KirkD wrote:
mikld wrote:What I've been asking around is if there is some sort of signal generator I can build and install in my truck that would cause static/interferrance in the "boom-chicka-boom" moron's system. When they pull up next to me at a stop, I can flip a switch and blast their system with 600 watts of static! :o (I also looked for a cell phone jammer but only found stationary, for buildings, not mobile units, as they may interfer with Police radio).
I suppose a home-built short range (5 yard effective radius) EMP device would be the cat's meow for that sort of thing. One would need to shield the electronics of ones own vehicle and operating system, however, as well as make some mods to the side panels of ones van. It works especially well if the other vehicle does not have sheet metal body panels.
As long as you are driving a proper pre-1978 vehicle with no computer gizmos you could pop EMPs all day without damaging your own ride...

All the more reason to ignore CAFE & the Clunker stuff... :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

if your blasting middle 60's rock/blues, i/e, rollingstones, animals, yardbirds, doors, out of a hiperformance american made muscle car, you arecompletely within your 1st amendment rights. anything else you should be shipped to one of obama's gulags.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! Way to go Griff. But..............your too kind--I would have put that KW in low range first gear, reved up that 550 cat, then proceed to climb right up over the little worm. :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Ha! Way to go Griff. But..............your too kind--I would have put that KW in low range first gear, reved up that 550 cat, then proceed to climb right up over the little worm. :D -----------Sixgun
Too much paperwork.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Scott Young
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott Young »

years ago, i had a modified cb with a 1000 watt linear and a texas star modulator. it would bleed over any radio or tv. this was in the late 80s and very early 90s when bass rap was really getting started. it was funny to see these folks pull up and blast this stuff and i would key up and tell them to please turn it down over their own system.