New high velocity mountain rifles, 1901, 1905

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bcp
Levergunner 2.0

New high velocity mountain rifles, 1901, 1905

Post by bcp »

Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Re: New high velocity mountain rifles, 1901, 1905

Post by Swampman »

I guess nobody told them you can't kill nothing with a lever gun.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A mountain goats and a Dahl sheep with a levergun... :shock:

:wink: :D
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just figured it out. To kill game animals you need a lever action rifle, not a carbine. Notice all of the lever actions in these pictures are rifles.

Makes sense to me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

There's definitely some strain on thet meatpole - check out how it's bending under the weight !

lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Those are great pics, Is that a 92 in the first pic? :shock:
Break on through to the other side!!!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Looks like an equal number of Marlin and Winchester rifles. Nowadays, those goats and sheep can't be killed with a puny .30-30 or .38-55. The new breed has built in resistance to those slow old bullets. They just step aside and let 'em pass. :mrgreen:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
bcp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcp »

J Miller wrote:I just figured it out. To kill game animals you need a lever action rifle, not a carbine. Notice all of the lever actions in these pictures are rifles.

Makes sense to me.

Joe
Thinking of the of old (70-100 years ago) photos of hunters, not cowboys, I can't recall seeing a 94 carbine. Alaska photos show about an equal number of 94 rifles and 95's, with Savage 99's being well represented, too. Marlins seem about as common as Mausers (hardly ever).

Bruce