Been Elk Huntin'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Been Elk Huntin'

Post by Sixgun »

Howdy guys,
I'm presently in Colorado at my son's home and cannot figure out a way to get pictures from my cheap Kodak camera to my host site so I can post them. It looks like I need Kodak software but as a guy who is seriously modern technology challenged, its all gonna have to wait 'till I get home to the crime/program infested East Coast tomorrow. Here's a pic from my son's camera and the only animal we saw. He was quite a friendly guy who visited us every night. :D Stay tuned for a new post tomorrow night.-----------------------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Been Elk Huntin'

Post by crs »

Is that "Call me Tater Salad"? :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

That is the most classic "hand caught in the cookie jar" look I have ever seen, cool pic!
Break on through to the other side!!!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Awww, how cuuute. :D we had a female gray fox visit our camp each night during last week and the week before's hunt. She would sit on the porch and stare at us, waiting for the scraps. Every time I tried to snap a pic she would float away like foxes do.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

That sounds like my elk hunt - several years ago. I could barely catch my breath let alone a glimps of an elk.... my bro was new to the whole thing and took us up to 11500 feet - I could hardly breathe - coming from Texas where the elevation is 700! All of the elk aparently were further down around 7500 - where the snow didn't cover their food! :roll:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

O.S.O.K. wrote:That sounds like my elk hunt - several years ago. I could barely catch my breath let alone a glimps of an elk.... my bro was new to the whole thing and took us up to 11500 feet - I could hardly breathe - coming from Texas where the elevation is 700! All of the elk aparently were further down around 7500 - where the snow didn't cover their food! :roll:

Yea guys, its "tater salad". As you can see, I did not care for it, but the beans and chile were great---so great, we could not keep an open flame in the tent :D Mike--If I saw a coyote, it was going down with a 250 Hornady but only heard them.--------------------Sixgun

OSOK,
The elevation killed me too. Base camp was at 9300 and I logged 21 miles of walking (on the GPS) and most of it was uphill, through thick woods with blowdowns, and muddy..........but...............now I feel so strong, I think I can take on Mike Tyson :D

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Sixgun wrote:... Base camp was at 9300 and I logged 21 miles of walking (on the GPS) and most of it was uphill, through thick woods with blowdowns, and muddy..........but...............now I feel so strong, I think I can take on Mike Tyson :D
Wow ... you are in WAY better shape that I am. What are you carrying for the Elk on this hunt?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:
Sixgun wrote:...What are you carrying for the Elk on this hunt?
1895 takedown in 35 WCF---I'll have some pics of everything tomorrow night when I get home. :D Well, gotta get some shut-eye. I leave Denver for a 7 am flight.-----------Sixgun

mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Can't wait for the pics. Where or what unit did you hunt? Hey, a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work! ;-)