45stomp?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike S.
Levergunner 1.0

45stomp?

Post by Mike S. »

Anyone remember him from the old board? I had a question for him but haven't seen him around for a long time. Did he ever make it over here?

Mike
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: 45stomp?

Post by Blaine »

I enjoyed his posts..... He sure knew how to use that .45 shooter of his, and how to hunt.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I don't think he did make it over here. As we transitioned through the various changes then, he was dropping out.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I Too have been wondering about Stomp. His picture holding that 45-70 He made is on the fridge in the Man Room. Also along these lines Has Anyone heard from Dimrod from Alaska? the last few years He posted about the yearly Moose hunt. the last few years He took them with His 100 year old Win 94 30-30. These Guys only posted a few times a year but When they did it was somethin to see. I hope They are both well.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Nope haven't seen him since the move which is a shame. He had lots of info on hunting with .45colt and a lot of gun info in general. :(
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Mike S.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Mike S. »

OK,thanks. Yea that is a bummer he isn't around here. I think that guy was the real deal.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

He is and young enough to have fun with it! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
dimrod
Levergunner

Post by dimrod »

Mike,

What is your question? I'm still around.

I do like to shoot moose with vintage Winchester lever guns and revolvers. But you must have me confused with someone else regarding the 45 Colt. In revolvers, I hunt mainly with the 41 Rem mag, 454 Casull, and 44 Rem mag. I briefly owned a 45 Colt but never shot a critter with it before trading it off.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Dimrod, it looks like they are talking about two different people .... you as well as another fellow with the handle of 45 Stomp. 45 Stomp lives in the interior of central BC and took some nice game with a Winchester/Miroku Model 92 in 45 Colt, photos of which he posted here a few years ago. I keep in touch with him from time to time. Last email I got from him, he had just sold his house, bought some land, and was getting ready to build a new house. He was also working on building his second gun, including engraving and case hardening the receiver. I have a sword that he made, a hand and a-half, that is very strong and quick. It's made to be a 'working' sword, although it also makes a beautiful addition to my office. The fellow is quite a talented artisan and a very good hunter. I think that is where you come in, as both 45 Stomp and you do well in your hunting and have taken some nice game. If you are the same fellow who sent me those Moose photos, I am just about ready to start writing up the article on the Model 53. I may be in touch soon (i.e., the next one or two months) to get you to read over the section dealing with your hunt to make sure I've got it straight and accurate.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/