Is this for real

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Is this for real

Post by FWiedner »

New for 2010

Ruger's SSCP 180 ACP

http://www.realguns.com/archives/192.htm

----

Careful you don't put somebody's eye out.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is this for real

Post by vancelw »

FWiedner wrote:New for 2010

Ruger's SSCP 180 ACP

http://www.realguns.com/archives/192.htm

----

Careful you don't put somebody's eye out.

:lol:
What the?!?!?...Wait...Now I'm thinking, "no"

"An LCP, empty of course, is placed directly into really hot water for an hour, then placed into a dryer set to "High" without selecting the "Wrinkle Guard" option. A quick check for softener sheets, a shot of Pennzoil and the result is a perfectly sized SSCP as seen below left, ready for retailors' shelves. "

Dang had me going for a sec. Seriously though, I wish Ruger (or someone) would make an LCP size pistol in .22LR, light double action, no manual safety. I'd buy one in a minute...No wait again. I'd wait till the first recall was over.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
gglass
Levergunner

Post by gglass »

Can't we get though Christmas before we leap right to April Fool's Day?
"The heart Ramon. Aim for the heart or you'll never stop me."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Anyone looking for a handgun for Bear defense :?: :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Can I get a levergun in that caliber? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Good dose of dry humor. Funny.
With only 1.4 grains of case capacity to work with, John concocted a blend of Alliant Blue Dot and hydrazine but, unfortunately, the compound caused it to rain whenever it was tested in the lab. Eventually the Blue Dot was discarded, the hydrazine was discarded and velocities of 1,200 fps for a 28 grain FMJ bullet and 1,400 fps for a 20 grain hollow point bullet load were attained with a small rifle magnum primer and one medium size pop rock.
The 28 grain load proved to be a reliable feeder, however, the 20 grain hollow point is the real stopped for this combination. In test medium at the RealGuns lab, expanded diameters of up to 0.200" were common place with penetration of up to ¼" in mixed fruits and vegetables. Experiments conducted with lab rats were inconclusive. There were no fatalities at point blank range, or bleeding, or... bone fractures, however, there was clear evidence of agitation and aggravation which may have led to ulcers and a possible need for surgery further down the line. By then, under a new federally managed national health care program, surely they would all die.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It is pretty funny, though.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

milton wrote:Can I get a levergun in that caliber? :lol: :lol: :lol:
How would you load it? Buy a carton of 1000 rounds and pour them down the barrel like a BB gun? If not, you'd have to use tweezers.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It's got a magazine like one of those primer trays that flips 'em over to get 'em straight.

Dump 'em in, give it a shake, lock and load.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Kind of like the answer to a question nobody ever asked.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That could actually work. The bad guy would laugh himself to death!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: