OT - Blackhawk Convertible +P..?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - Blackhawk Convertible +P..?

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I've got a Blackhawk Convertible in 45LC and 45ACP. I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyhow just to be safe.

Will it safely digest 45ACP +P fodder without any pressure problems?

I don't reload 45ACP and don't have a feel for how much pressure they run or what the Blackhawk is capable of.

:?
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Blackhawk Convertible +P..?

Post by 1886 »

deerwhacker444 wrote:I've got a Blackhawk Convertible in 45LC and 45ACP. I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyhow just to be safe.

Will it safely digest 45ACP +P fodder without any pressure problems?

I don't reload 45ACP and don't have a feel for how much pressure they run or what the Blackhawk is capable of.

:?
The Ruger .45 Colt Blackhawk is certainly capable of handling +P pressures given the design of the arm. Ruger uses the same platform for the .45 Colt and the .44 Mag. Refer to your loading manuals. Best Wishes, 1886.
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

Yep, you'll have no problem with them.
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
m48shooter
Levergunner

Post by m48shooter »

i just finshed loading 300gr jacketed hp ontop of 19gr of 4227 for my blackhawk for .45colt, and my hartford m92.. and those are not even max loads in my books... around 950 fps out of the pistol and around 1200 out of the carbine... with this in mind i do not think you can cram enough powder in an acp case to even phase a blackhawk...

that being said i cant wait to run some acp through mine as well.... grins
A human being should be able to change a diaper,plan an invasion,butcher a hog,conn a ship,write a sonnet,balance accounts,build a wall,comfort the dying,take orders,give orders,cooperate,act alone,solve equations,pitch manure,program a computer,cook a tasty meal,fight efficiently,die gallantly.Specialization is for insects.
RH