Experiences with EAA 357 Bounty Hunter Pistols Wanted

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Experiences with EAA 357 Bounty Hunter Pistols Wanted

Post by COSteve »

Title says it. What are your experiences? Would you recommend them? How's the action and trigger out of the box?
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Experiences with EAA 357 Bounty Hunter Pistols Wanted

Post by KCSO »

I know they don't dry fire well as I have had to take the burrs of of a number of them. The parts seem soft and they don't seem to hold up well compared to a Ruger. I wouldn't spend my money on one.
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

KCSO wrote:I know they don't dry fire well as I have had to take the burrs of of a number of them. The parts seem soft and they don't seem to hold up well compared to a Ruger. I wouldn't spend my money on one.
I thought Paco had a write up on them? Built like a Hawes?
Will not hold up to a Ruger??? What will? Ruger SA just keep on running and if they would stop the parts are cheap.
I have never seen a wore out ruger. Bet there out there but also bet there far and few apart.lol
KCSO please don't take this wrong. I will bet you have very good reason to say what you have said and it is very true.
I would bet my life on it.
Halfbreed
Levergunner

Post by Halfbreed »

gregg wrote:
KCSO wrote:I know they don't dry fire well as I have had to take the burrs of of a number of them. The parts seem soft and they don't seem to hold up well compared to a Ruger. I wouldn't spend my money on one.
I thought Paco had a write up on them?
http://www.gunblast.com/Paco_WineRoses.htm
For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness. 2Timothy 3:16
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I read that but wanted to know from people who had them too.
Steve
pdawg.shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdawg.shooter »

I too have never seen a wore out Ruger. But I have had to send many new ones back to the factory to get fixed. Some several times. Some come back as "within specs" so I had to rebuild them myself. I hated to sell a Ruger.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

All right time to pull off the gloves. EEA Bounty Hunters are NOT quality by anybodys book. I sold 5, repaired all 5 and still see them coming in, I won't order any more for folks. By actual count 25 dry fires were deforming the firing pin holes, that's soft! Timing was going at less than 1000 rounds. I know the price is good but they jest don't stand up to normal usage for anyone who shoots.

By comparison I have a Smith and a Ruger that have each had over 10,000 rounds with no problems. I guess when you fix these things on a regular basis you get some pretty definate opinions. As far as strong you can't bear a Ruger, but they not precision as they come from the factory. Cimmarron are OK but EMF quality varies a lot. My personal opinion is that you still get what you pay for and don't expect to get quality at a bargain price.

Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear but that's the way it was.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

KCSO wrote:All right time to pull off the gloves. EEA Bounty Hunters are NOT quality by anybodys book. I sold 5, repaired all 5 and still see them coming in, I won't order any more for folks. By actual count 25 dry fires were deforming the firing pin holes, that's soft! Timing was going at less than 1000 rounds. I know the price is good but they jest don't stand up to normal usage for anyone who shoots.

By comparison I have a Smith and a Ruger that have each had over 10,000 rounds with no problems. I guess when you fix these things on a regular basis you get some pretty definate opinions. As far as strong you can't bear a Ruger, but they not precision as they come from the factory. Cimmarron are OK but EMF quality varies a lot. My personal opinion is that you still get what you pay for and don't expect to get quality at a bargain price.

Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear but that's the way it was.
Thats what I like...Honesty Something most Gun writers do not have
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Thanks KCSO, for your candid response!!
Steve