9422 gets the job done easy.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

9422 gets the job done easy.

Post by Nath »

My wife imformed me the shop needs a few rabbits for Saturday so after work I went directly to get some.
On arriving to the ground I was shocked by how cold it was but was sure the rabbits would be basking in the sun of which there was not alot left.
Immediatly I was feeling the pressure, pressure I put on myself to shoot straight at those tiny little heads! I stopped a moment and told my self to stop pressurising myself, that if I don't get any it don't matter it is great just to be out here. It calmed me down and I started to enjoy it.
I got five with just two miss's, 7shots some resting, some off hand. Longest off hand was 47paces and the longest rested was 55paces.
Interestingly the Eley ammo whilst superbly accurate is most sertainly down on vel with the cold, the report is alot quieter.

Carrying them rabbits back soon had me sweating as I climbed uphill to the car and when I got there I thanked the Lord and treated myself to a small cigerette satisfied.

That 9422 is just a superb little tool, never fails :D

Sorry fellers no picture this time!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 9422 gets the job done easy.

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes the good old 9422 is reliable tool all right. I trade guns pretty often, just so I can try something new but my 9422 is a keeper. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

You're a stone cold killer, Nath! :wink: :lol:
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

Great report. I do miss the pix though. 8) 8) I think you have spoiled us.
A head shot at 47 paces offhand is great. Well done.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

AWESOME. I Love my 9422 Classic. and the kid loves his 2nd year of production 9422
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Hey Nath it has been 34 years since I was in your area of the world and your post got me to remembering.....do the shops still remove the entrails (guts) and then leave the hide or feathers on the rabbit / fowl and then hang them for a few days to break down the muscle ??

jumbeaux
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Thanks, Nath. I agree we're spoiled by your exploits with pictures. I love my 9422.
Old Law Dawg
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Dog gone it Nath, I only opened this thread to see yet another picture of that beautiful rifle of yours. :lol: :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good job Nath - we'll forgive you this once on the pics.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

See Nath, you've spoiled the colonials in the past and now they're demanding pictures!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

nemhed wrote:See Nath, you've spoiled the colonials in the past and now they're demanding pictures!
You know what they say, give m' an inch and next you know they want the full yard! :lol:
jumbeaux wrote:Hey Nath it has been 34 years since I was in your area of the world and your post got me to remembering.....do the shops still remove the entrails (guts) and then leave the hide or feathers on the rabbit / fowl and then hang them for a few days to break down the muscle ??

jumbeaux
Thats a good question, some places use too but I have not seen it around here for a whiles. The food laws have tightened up recently under this commie government, maybe that has something to do with it or I just don't go to town enough! When I was a kid I would see pheasants and deer hanging up outside butchers in winter. I did see a country feller delivering a deer to the back door of a butchers in Scotland last year, they looked worried when I came round the corner but I soon put them to rest when I offered a lift with it into the shop remarking that they are heavy ain't they :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!