Oh no I Erred...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Oh no I Erred...

Post by Griff »

I've erred for the past several years when I've said a '69 Winchester mdl 94 in .44Magnum was my 1st levergun.

Talkin' to the wife this afternoon, she was some upset. Apparently she'd gone to the barn for her chores and found a opposum in the hay stall. Square bales plus a coupla tubs with sweet feed and a small tub of dry cat food for the ever present barn cats. Anyway this big 'possum was atop the cat food tub tryin' get in it. Didn't seem phased by her appearance, which upset her more'n the critter stealim her kitty chow!

Anyway... with her encyclopedic memory, she got out my Daisy "Spittin' Image" mdl 94 BBgun I keep under the counter in the reloadin' shop. She called to tell me that it weren't worth spit! She rattled the gun, making sure there were BBs in it... and cocked it, sighted in on the offender and pulled the trigger. Being as the angle was slightly downward (even at her 5'2" attitude), the BB just rolled down the barrel and fell out in front of her!

I'd completely forgot that I'd put that BB gun out there shortly after we moved in. I'd only used it once or twice and remember the same ineffective action the last time.

Found this on the 'net:
Spittin' Image Ad.jpg
So yep... my 1st levergun was a Daisy. Don't have the foggiest of when the folks bought it for me... but since it wasn't introduced until 1958, it had to be after that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Oh no I Erred...

Post by Les Staley »

Griff: just think what would 've happened had she picked up the 44 mag by mistake... bet there would 've been more than just a dead grinner....Ha Ha.... Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Her Rossi 92 in .38 has been regulated to the back of the safe for several years. She mentioned something about she was going to "rearrange" HER guns!

There went the LAST thing I was left in charge of!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
Enlarge that photo and look at the ads.. 30-06 M2 for $6.00/100 !
Let's see, where'd I leave my time machine.......
Nice ad, Thanks.......

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Oh yeah, I had one of them. My brother had a cheaper bend in half BB gun that looked like a BB gun, but I wanted the Daisy in the worst way. I already had a .22 (Ithaca model 49) but a Bb gun could be used in the back yard without having to worry about neighbors...

dad took me to Montgomery Wards warehouse/store in Menands NY to get it, The usual 45 minute wait turned into 2+ hours.... We finally got the gun and boy howdy we flew back to the house (50 miles), hitting triple digits on the NYS Thruway... Dad dropped me off, grabbed his lunch pail and flew back down the road to make it to GE in Schenectady in time for his 3rd shift job.

I won't likely forget that ride, LOL

The Daisy turned out to be less memorable. It quit after a few short months. BB's just rolled out the barrel upon firing. My brother's $7 BB gun lasted a very long time.....
Certified gun nut
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep the spittin image '94 was my first levergun too. So I could have one just like Dad's, except that his was really made by Winchester. IIRC mine lasted for several years until I thought it needed to be cleaned good and proper. I never did get that thing back together.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

That was my first one too. Still have it after over 40 years. Like Griff's, it needs some work. Just won't get the BBs down range anymore! :|
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Only killed one possum, I used a 4 iron.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

Yep, mine too circa 1966. It even loaded via the loading gate. Sure wish I knew where it was now.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

That Daisy was my first too, for the life of me, I can't remember what ever happened to it.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Spittin' Image Ad.jpg
I had one of those - or at least the Sears version - downside was a plastic stock, which eventually broke.
I certainly terrorized the starlings and grackles with it.

found this very interesting page. Toward the bottom, note the Uberti 1873 converted to air
http://airgunwriter.com/lookalike-airguns.html