OT-I've almost sold all of my centerfire rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-I've almost sold all of my centerfire rifles

Post by Jason_W »

Because I've seen that civilian gun ownership is wrong and I'm turning over a new leaf, putting my gun money towards a Prius and coffee that costs $50/lb.

Just kidding, of course :D

I have more fun with shotguns and pistol cal. carbines, so that's what I'm focusing on. Once I have the shotguns I want, I want to start saving for some leverguns in the classic WCF chamberings.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
bdhold

Re: OT-I've almost sold all of my centerfire rifles

Post by bdhold »

was hoping this was going to be a rimfire thread, but that's OK.

my office is two blocks away from the local coffee roaster who provides fresh coffee to most of the restaurants in town.
I buy my Sumatra from them 5-lbs. at a time ($44/5), fresh roasted to order - the place smells wonderful, so does my truck after taking a bag home, and so does my kitchen for the next two weeks.

What do they say? Buy one Toyota and you'll never stop? :lol:
Last edited by bdhold on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Sumatra is my favorite!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

"How're we gonna shoot golf without guns?"
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I favor the local grocery's store brand coffee. Very close to Folgers :lol:

Seriously, it tastes good to me and gives me that coffee buzz that I'm after every time.

Still isn't cheap!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it gets worse, there are no words for how picky I am about my cigars - I try not to offend people when they give me cigars, but I've been smoking a long time and have spoiled my tastes with good cigars...
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I do like green mountain coffee roasters coffee when I can afford it (which isn't lately).

I'm an unrepentant beer snob, though.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've found that even mediocre coffee can taste better when you make it in a french press. Really good coffee made this way is divine.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Bulldog - you will get no coffee or cigars from me, but I may let you watch and smell the aroma of one of my last La Veja Havana Maduras with the Brazilian wrapper.
Your refined taste buds probably could not stand any of my Sam's club Members Mark Arabica either.

Oh well, some of us folks just don't know any better and enjoy life in spite of ourselves. :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

crs wrote:Oh well, some of us folks just don't know any better and enjoy life in spite of ourselves. :D
I'm with you brother. Give me big cup of Yuban coffee to dip my Albertson's donut in and I'm in heaven. :D

Now what was the topic of this thread? :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

crs wrote:Oh well, some of us folks just don't know any better and enjoy life in spite of ourselves. :D
And here I thought my Dominican Republic Romeo y Julieta Churchills were the end all be all of fine cigars. I've enjoyed a fine Cuban from time to time... but so what... the DR brands have some good ones also.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I used to love a good cigar, but after quiting, I'm deathly afraid of becoming addicted to tobacco again...that was a true "*itch* to break myself of. :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

actually, I've reached the point that I like Dion Giolito's Illisione Epernays better than Habanos. Although I still like LGC Md'O No. 4 and Hoyo petit robustos. There is an annual gathering of cigar collectors in San Antonio, and I've been able to sample cigars that sold for as much as $17,000 for a master case at Christie's.
Is a $400 cigar worth the price? Not to me, but they are strikingly good and complex.
I pretty much smoke $5-6 cigars and my go-to is El Original rolled at Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo - about a $4 smoke. I like strong cigars with shade wrappers. Most of the cigars I used to smoke and love taste bitter to me these days.
As they say, smoke what you like. Me? I don't smoke or drink anything with a chip on my shoulder - the days are too short and full of woe for that stuff.

A great coffee buy is Seattle Mountain at Costco - especially their Sumatra ($3/lb). That is what I would drink if I hadn't discovered the roaster down the street.
I coarse grind Sumatra for the coffee press I left at my girlfriend's house.
For you microbrew fans, I like very hoppy ales (Dogfish Head), porters and especially coffee porter - Alaska has wonderful brews, and Real Ale Co. is about 30 miles from my house. Kaladi Bros coffee in AK, too.
My 10-y-o daughter, in addition to shooting and fly fishing, is a connoisseur of microbrewed rootbeers. Virgil's is the benchmark, Boylan's has too much birch and wintergreen, and if you like the birch and wintergreen bite, Waialua from Hawaii has a great balance.
Last edited by bdhold on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

On my last trip to Indonesia I picked up some Kopi Luwak, this stuff makes all other coffees seem ordinary. I couldn't afford to buy it in Oz, and I've heard it sells for about $1000 a kilo in the US.
http://www.baliorchidgardens.com/coffeeluwak.html

As for the cigars, I haven't smoked for 15 years but if I did smoke cigars they were usually cheap and nasty and enjoyed immensely with copious quantities of alcohol. :lol:
I wouldn't mind trying one of those fancy ones that have been rolled on the thighs of virgins, but that would depend on the look of the virgin :roll:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

I do not know anything about cigars. And I do not smoke. But it sounds to me like the guy who smokes the cigar with the longest name or most letters wins?? Kind of like the guy with the biggest gun?? Tom.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

bulldog1935 wrote:Image
"How're we gonna shoot golf without guns?"
Yeah - and you can't hunt MUSHROOMS without them, either...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Dion is a very nice guy and simply calls his smokes "illusion" - me, too.
Anyone who does anything for status gets what he deserves.

Cigar collectors are among the nicest folks you would ever want to know or call friends.
For starters, how many guys are are going to offer you a $400 cigar, just because they know you would appreciate it and never have another chance to try it.
Another friend gave me a $500 gold duPont lighter - he bought it on ebay for cheap, but what a gracious thought.

AJMD, I like your attitude. :P
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

bulldog1935 wrote: What do they say? Buy one Toyota and you'll never stop? :lol:
Hadn't heard that one! :lol: