OT: The lake was good to us today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

OT: The lake was good to us today

Post by 86er »

Brandon and I had a great time on Lake Lavon today. We hit a few spots with the boat and the fish kept biting wherever we were. We landed a good variety with Striped Bass, Large Mouth Bass, Bluegills, Crappies, Sand Bass and Catfish. We kept the one's that were 1" or more over the legal minimum. That meant we threw back the two biggest fish, the Striper and LMB that both missed the minimum by 1"! Anyway, a great time when it is over 90 degrees and too hot to shoot or hunt.
Here's Brandon's share:
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
huntress
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT: The lake was good to us today

Post by huntress »

So Brandon had to show you how its done! Nice haul Brandon! I'm jealous. I never caught that many fish. Good job!

Sandy :D
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I think one of the best times and the worse times have been on Lake Lavon. One time when it snowed a friend of mine and my son, he was about 7 then, went out to Lake Lavon to see if we could find anything to track. As we pulled up we saw the biggest coyote I have ever seen. He saw us and took off. We jumped out and started tracking him. He met up with his mate so we split up and my son went with me after the bigger male. He was easy to track in the snow but you could tell he was stopping to watch us then moving on. Finally I saw him sitting next to a cedar tree. I told my son to walk at a right angle to distract him while I flank him. I came up from behind as he watched my son and put him in yote heaven. My son heard the shot and came a running. As he walked up he stared at the dead coyote. He must have weighed 60 pounds. My son wanted to touch him and just as he bent over a big glob of snow fell from the tree on both of them. My son screamed bloody murder and took off. I was laughing so hard I couldn't yell for him to stop. I finally caught up with him and we rolled around in the snow laughing until we had tears in our eyes. I laid there until he calmed down and he would look at me and it would start all over again. It was great.

The worse was my buddy lived next door to me while he was training his expensive German Short-haired Pointer from a pup. When he got big enough my buddy, his brother and I took him to Lake Lavon to try him out. He had used blanks for months to get him ready. My buddy's brother was as sharp as a ball bearing and fired his 12 gauge shot gun as soon as we got started walking to see if it still worked. You know the story, off ran the dog and we never saw him again. I had to break up the fight between the brothers. They still don't talk to each other much today. Lake Lavon has many memories for me.
"That'll Be The Day"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

looks like a perfect day well spent. . Congrats
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2K is going to be so jealous! Congrats!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: