weekend with the boyscouts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

weekend with the boyscouts

Post by pokey »

it's not over yet, but here's an idea.

color guard,
P5290395.JPG
flag,
P5290394.JPG
rifle[bb gun] range,
P5300407.JPG
P5300409.JPG
we did alright, until it started to rain. :evil:
then nobody wanted to play anymore. :roll:
so i set up a cover over the bench, and like magic the sun came back out. :lol:
it's all good, about average anyhow. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: weekend with the boyscouts

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep, those are scouts :)

Good for you - enjoy it while it lasts. One is your son?
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

O.S.O.K. wrote: One is your son?
yup, the tall drink of water with his back to the camera, in the flag pic.

he's actually in all the pics, that is just the easiest one to i.d. him in.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

I've been through the gammut....Committee Member, Cubmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster and Scoutmaster over the years. I truly believe the kids who come through the Scouting program are the hope for our future.

Salute !
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
Olevern
Levergunner

Post by Olevern »

get them boys sum 22's!
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

My step-son is spending the summer as a staffer at one of the BSA camps here in OK. Took him down last Friday and they got flooding rains Saturday night. He loves it. He'll probably lose 30 pounds over the summer.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! After several weeks/weekends of scouting activity, we were happy for a "family break". Got washed out Saturday and Monday, but Sunday was a nice day! :D
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I really do think that if any "program" should be followed by our public schools, it should be Scouting - for boys and girls. Without getting into the political side of this, there is no better leadership program available.

Scouting addresses all of the things that our public schools now lack.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Good on you for giving your time for other kids direction you can effect the outcome of their lives. danny
Mitch1352
Levergunner

Post by Mitch1352 »

I hope that he stays with it all the way to Eagle. My son got his Eagle rank this past March and it was something to see. He also happened to get his 1st levergun that night: a '74 Shiloh Sharps carbine in 45-70. The Scouting program is great for teaching boys things that are really important.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Mitch1352 wrote:I hope that he stays with it all the way to Eagle. My son got his Eagle rank this past March and it was something to see. He also happened to get his 1st levergun that night: a '74 Shiloh Sharps carbine in 45-70. The Scouting program is great for teaching boys things that are really important.
he is one project away. life right now, he has all the merit badges, time served, etc..
he needs to do his eagle project this summer, then board of review. he still has two
years of scouting though so no real hurry.

oh, that was a pretty special eagle gift.
hope he enjoys it. :wink:
Last edited by pokey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Olevern wrote:get them boys sum 22's!
oh, they all have 'em. some venues do not allow such things, so we make do with what we can. :wink:

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Mitch1352
Levergunner

Post by Mitch1352 »

I ordered the Shiloh when he started Boy Scouts and said he wanted to go to Eagle. 7 years later, it arrived. The carbine has his initials engraved Quigley-style on the sideplate and an upgrade in the wood. 2 days before his Board of Review, I asked him if he was ready. He said that he didn't think that he wanted to finish because he was tired of doing it. Mind you, the only thing that he needed to do was make copies of his project notebook and go to his Board. I told him that I would not be mad at him because it was his to do or not do. I did suggest that when his son just quit on an important project, what would he say to change his son's mind? He thought about it for a moment, smiled and finished the last part. He passed his Board and got his Eagle. At his Court of Honor, he pulled me aside and thanked me for all my help and especially for our chat about him wanting to quit. That made it worthwhile. I hope all the best for you and your son and wish him well on his journey to Eagle. The moment that you pin on his Eagle will be a tremendous event for both of you. Please keep me posted. I will tell Steven and we would like to send a gift, if it is ok to do.
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle!
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Mitch1352 wrote:I ordered the Shiloh when he started Boy Scouts and said he wanted to go to Eagle. 7 years later, it arrived. The carbine has his initials engraved Quigley-style on the sideplate and an upgrade in the wood. 2 days before his Board of Review, I asked him if he was ready. He said that he didn't think that he wanted to finish because he was tired of doing it. Mind you, the only thing that he needed to do was make copies of his project notebook and go to his Board. I told him that I would not be mad at him because it was his to do or not do. I did suggest that when his son just quit on an important project, what would he say to change his son's mind? He thought about it for a moment, smiled and finished the last part. He passed his Board and got his Eagle. At his Court of Honor, he pulled me aside and thanked me for all my help and especially for our chat about him wanting to quit. That made it worthwhile. I hope all the best for you and your son and wish him well on his journey to Eagle. The moment that you pin on his Eagle will be a tremendous event for both of you. Please keep me posted. I will tell Steven and we would like to send a gift, if it is ok to do.
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle!
thank you, and will do.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Mitch1352 wrote:I hope that he stays with it all the way to Eagle. My son got his Eagle rank this past March and it was something to see. He also happened to get his 1st levergun that night: a '74 Shiloh Sharps carbine in 45-70. The Scouting program is great for teaching boys things that are really important.
Tyler starts his Eagle project when he gets back in July. Pretty proud of him for that.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Godbless you all for time well spent :D !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."