I will never forget

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

I will never forget

Post by BigSky56 »

:(
Last edited by BigSky56 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: I will never forget

Post by Griff »

Thank you Danny.

Seldom in the air... But wearing trunks & fins, or ripstop camos and little "booties" either wet or dry, I must imagine that once the pop of the first round is heard and 1st whiff of cordite (whatever you want to call it), it makes little difference whether you're at sea, on land or in the air.

And a huge AMEN to
(M)ay the Lord grant peace to those who came back not whole in mind or body.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Amen! Well said by someone who has obviously BTDT. I was a little too young for Vietnam, so I never experienced live combat, but all you guys wo did command my utmost respect and heartfelt thanks for jobs well done. I especially miss my great friend, and brother in all but blood, Don Gray,U.S.M.C., a Recon Marine, and two tour 'Nam vet, who earned himself two Purple Hearts over there. We lost him two years ago on April 11, 2008, due to complications from health problems the V.A. recognized as stemming from Agent Orange exposure. I guess 'Nam got him after all, about 40 years later. R.I.P. Bro.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thank you Danny, and I thank my God in Heaven that I can still read this with hot tears burning my eyes. Thank you all for what you gave.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I salute you all. Thank you. Semper Fi.
Old Law Dawg
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Welcome home, BigSky.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Thanks Danny...
Dirty Bob
Levergunner

Post by Dirty Bob »

BigSky: Thank you for that post. I got a real chill reading it. Thank you also for your service and sacrifices in a time when those who gave so much were not appreciated by those who had everything given to them.

My service was after 'Nam, in the 1980s, although my first commanding officer had been an ensign in the Brown Water Navy in Viet Nam. One of the most unforgettable moments, though, was our "Rules of War" indoctrination during OCS, given by the then-CO of the Naval Academy Prep School. He'd been a "guest" at the Hanoi Hilton for several years. During a break, he showed us his arms, which were solid scar tissue from shoulders to elbows, from being suspended by ropes tied around his arms. His captors would run the rope through a pulley and bounce their victims on the end of the rope. What amazed me the most was his lack of anger and bitterness over his POW experience.

I've also been impressed with some of the current servicemembers I've met. Some of them have already served two or more tours in Iraq or Afghanistan. Where did all these great kids come from?

I hope we all can take a moment today to reflect on the gift of freedom, purchased with the blood, sweat and tears of our veterans, many of whom did not have the chance to come home and enjoy that gift.

Respectfully,
Dirty Bob (USNR)
former Electronics Readiness Officer, USS RENTZ (FFG-46)
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you Danny. God Bless and keep you, and those who served.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thank you Danny!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thank you Danny for your service. My war was more contemporary and much shorter lived. Blessings to you and to those who have given their last full measure.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

God Bless You Danny. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Thank you for listening, I hope I didnt cause bad memories for anyone if I did I apologize I meant no harm. danny
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

No problem bro.Eyes misty like petrified ice.Memories flow like yesterday through the fog of the minds time temporal.Of youth.. fortune and glory.Above all the call to duty.Godbless the ones who will remain forever young.God help the many wounded and maimed physically,mentally and spirtually.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."