OT: The Yugo Tokarev arrives and gets a bath...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT: The Yugo Tokarev arrives and gets a bath...

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, SOG did me right this time. This is a very nice pistol. After cleaning all of the sticky cosmoline off of it and applying some olive oil to the holster, it looks pretty darned nice. Bore is VG as well. The mags fit correctly and drop free when the release is pressed.

Here's the Yugo with the Polish Tok that I got previously for comparisson:

Notice that the safety on the Yugo is an original feature while the Polish has one of the rough add-ons. The grip on the Yugo is a bit longer (and nicer to hole) and the mags take one more round (9) than the Polish and other Toks. The Yugo also has a captured recoil spring and full length guide rod. The front sight is in a dove tail as well and the mag release is a larger, bullseye type. Overall, a better design.

Now for the range... :D
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: The Yugo Tokarev arrives and gets a bath...

Post by Stan in SC »

The Yugo models have better features.I have two Romanian models.I like them and have had zero problems,not even a misfeed.The Yugo mags are expensive and harder to find.
You are going to love shooting it.Forget 25 yards.These are flat shooting 100 yard pistols.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yeah, that's the downside to the Yugos - none of the other mags work in them... and there's not likely to be any more available.

And you are right about this round - a 30 caliber 95 grain bullet at 1500+ fps is a flat shooting load.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

well I though he was trying to drown the thing an he was only trying to clean it up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: