I'm just not used to this

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

I'm just not used to this

Post by Chas. »

At 10:45PM it's still 89 degrees out with 66% humidity. Maybe there's something to this global warming insanity after all.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I'm just not used to this

Post by TedH »

Nope, it's called summer.
NRA Life Member
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

yep it's just summer we hit the triple digits here in east texas today.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

That sounds like a cool evening!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

willygene wrote:yep it's just summer we hit the triple digits here in east texas today.

We hit 3 digits about 2 weeks ago.

It was 102 the day I exercised my .45-70. That was June 6.

Yep, it's officially summer.

:D
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

willygene wrote:yep it's just summer we hit the triple digits here in east texas today.

you Texicans are running behind schedule!

We've been hitting triple digits here in South Alabama for nearly 2 weeks and triple digit heat indexes even longer.

Thank goodness humidity has been down the last day or two!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
phc45-70
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phc45-70 »

Don't complain, I've spent the last few days burning up piles of old trees that had been pushed up. You think it's hot out there now, get some 20 foot flames going near by.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

IT WAS UP TO 80* HERE THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT I'D MELT. NOT TO EVEN MENTION THE 18% HEWMADITTY.....WHEEEEEW.....C'MON FALL !!!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

At least you've had sun and an 80 degree temp. We've had the coolest year, on record, and the wettest June on record. That's saying a lot, for Oregon.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Mid-70's here, with low humdidty til now, and best of all - the Stripers & Blues are running ! :mrgreen:

I probably won't live to see it, but am saddened non-the-less that those fine saltwater game fish will be lost to my progeny, due to the ramifications & movement of the BP Gulf oil disaster. :x

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

We just moved to Oregon last Dec. I think I'm getting web feet, it's been raining so much (Coldest Dec. in a long time and wettest June). But we chose Oregon purposly for it's weather; maybe a little more rain but it surely don't get over 100 and 98% humidity very often on the coast! Oklahome was high on the move-to list, but we decided a little rain over hot/humid for the old bones is best...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Man! What a bunch of wimps! Whinning over a little heat! Here it stays in triple digits all night long and easily hits 112 degrees in the "shady summer time" days. And when the monsoon begins you can add humidity to the mix. Yee-haw! At least it keeps the weak at home and indoors. :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I'm in IL, I'll gladly trade places with anyone out west that's having trouble with the 100+ degree temps.

We've got so much rain and humidity here everything is molding.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

On the mid-day weather report, the Weather Prophet stated that today is the 21st day in a row with temperatures 90*F or higher, and the 16th day in a row of temperatures over 95*F.

Most days, if the humidity had been much higher, fish would have been swimming up out of the creek, lakes and rivers.

Officially we are 7" short of rainfall, but with all the thunderstorms, accompanied with torrential rain, and thundershowers, I don't see how that is possible.

And the long sweltering hot summer has just begun! it will be a looooong time before November and first frost.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!