OT: An Apology

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

OT: An Apology

Post by firefuzz »

I woke up this morning and as usual, grabbed a cup of coffe and my smokes and headed toward the computer to read replies or new post on several gun forums I belong to. Upon opening one of them, not here, I noticed a new PM, dated last night, so I opened it to find a reprimand from one of the moderators for being "arrogant and antagonistic" towards other members in my replies. This kind of startled me as I usually don't try to come off that way to anyone about anything, there's only one member on that board that I've ever had any type of conflict with and that was over a year ago and mainly done thru PMs. I looked at every post I've made on that board, not many, in the last two weeks and found nothing that I thought was out of line. I'm waiting on a reply from the moderator as to the specifics of his charges to hopefully have a clue as to what prompted this.

I don't see myself as "arrogant and antagonistic", but maybe I come off that way. If I have offended anyone with a thread reply here please let me know and I'll personally apologize, I assure you it was unintentional.

Thanks for your time.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Hobie

Re: OT: An Apology

Post by Hobie »

:?:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rob,

You've posted nothing to offend or irritate me.

I've also got that same problem, sometimes I get a bit blunt in my responses and irritate others unintentionally. So I understand your position.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Only thing I find offensive is you didn't share the coffee now I got to go make my own. :lol: :lol: Your a good man fuzz don't let em get you down.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The mode of communication used in forums, plus the forum environment itself, combine to make some things said seriously sound silly, or things meant humorously sound mean, etc. It's just too hard to convey the nuances of human communication other than words, like tone of voice, body language, facial expression, etc., even with all the italics, underlining, and little smiley-dude thingies... :D

...or should I have put " :P ", actually maybe " :lol: " would have been best... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Rob,

I've neever known of you behaving anyway not in keeping with a gentlman's behavior. Which is more than I can say for myself.

Then again, I just an opinionated, intolerant olf fanny burp and have never tried to deny it.

Perhaps that Mod is another opinionated, intolerant old fanny burp who disagree with some of your statements, and ince he has no reasonable refutation he's smacked you with a reprimand to make himself feel better.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

most of us who contribute fairly regularly have probably posted some things that have been misinterpreted at times (or in some cases, some of us legitimately post responses that may be rude and that was the intention all along-- :D )

I have a hard time sleeping sometimes and may post an off the cuff response to something at 3 in the morning in a manner i did not intend.

It happens. There are a lot of hard headed curmudgeons on this board too, so i think a little bit of shock value may be brushed off more on this board than others, because many of us have similar online dispositions.

OT --- at what age can a person consider himself a Curmudgeon? Do i have to be Terry Murbach's age, or can i be one at 39 if i am already a bit hard headed myself? :lol: :lol:
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Oh this sort of thing happens from time to time. Forum mods on a few sites can sometimes get a "god" complex, and if they don't agree with you, they'll try to push you toward their way of thinking. There's another manufacturer specific levergun site that's sorta infamous for that. Quite a few knowlegeable folks have been banned from there for sticking to their "guns". I'd say "just consider the source", and get on with life. Heck, there's one levergun forum that was started by and originally populated by folks banned from the manufacturer specific site.

Oh, and by the way, I can't ever recall anything unkind in any of your posts. But what the heck, I have a really good sense of humor, and tend to look at things through rose colored glasses. Life's too darned short to continuallly worry about getting one's feelings hurt.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You've been a perfect gentleman......better than me, no doubt :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I missed those posts.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Now, there was that one time.... oh never mind. :P :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

BlaineG wrote:You've been a perfect gentleman......better than me, no doubt :oops:
I'm going to be a perfect gentleman and let this one go. :roll:

firefuzz - I wouldn't worry about it. If the site you're referring to is so sensitive, maybe it's time to move on from them at least for awhile.
ED
Yer never too old
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Like probley most of us, I post on other forums. There is another popular handgun company forum that the old moderator was real thin skinned on political posts. He kind of got too defensive prior to the elections and gave up his posistion and there is different boss,s there. Things went along with more freedom of views for awhile untill lately I and a few others have had experiances of our posts disappearing. I did get a warning similar to yours over there awhile back and toned down my oppinions a little. It seems that certain views on politics etc are allowed, yet if you put a "religious" slant on your observations of politicans or partys the posts "dissapear" but no repermand. Ya seem to have to find the bounderes of opinion that are allowed.
What it boils down to on all forums is that they own it and pay the bills. Its best to play by their rules or look for other forums that tolerate ours, and if we cant find one, to start your own if you want to enough to lay out the bucks!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You just have to come to grips with the fact that there are those folk who just look for things to get angry about.

I guarantee, if they can't find them up front they'll create them.

It's unavoidable, and while an investigation is worthwhile (just in case), the complainant and their concerns should likely be ignored.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well, it wasn't me, can't find the post, log doesn't show a thing, there's only two other guys who can say anything. I suggest you contact them directly.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Hobie, I believe he's talking about a mod. on another board, not Leverguns.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

No wonder I'm confused... :roll: :lol:

Ok, so let's fire up the torches, sharpen the pitchforks and go forth! :twisted: :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Modoc ED wrote:
BlaineG wrote:You've been a perfect gentleman......better than me, no doubt :oops:
I'm going to be a perfect gentleman and let this one go. :roll:

firefuzz - I wouldn't worry about it. If the site you're referring to is so sensitive, maybe it's time to move on from them at least for awhile.
If that happened, it would be beginners luck, you old grump :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Well it's been almost 48 hrs. since I responded to the "reprimand" and I've heard nothing back from the moderator that wrote it. So I copied every thing and forwarded it to another moderator for him to figure out what the problem was.

Thanks for all the responses, I'm really glad to know that I haven't ruffled any serious feathers here.

Rob

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Don't waste any brain cells on it. If you needed pulling up short you'd have gotten it in replies to your posts from multiple straight shooters.

I woke up this AM to find a thread missing on this forum which continues to prove that there's no such thing as a room full of people where everyone agrees.

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

olyinaz wrote:Don't waste any brain cells on it. If you needed pulling up short you'd have gotten it in replies to your posts from multiple straight shooters.

I woke up this AM to find a thread missing on this forum which continues to prove that there's no such thing as a room full of people where everyone agrees.

Cheers,
Oly
What was that? I did delete one topic about 30 minutes ago.
Sincerely,

Hobie

firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Hobie wrote:
olyinaz wrote:Don't waste any brain cells on it. If you needed pulling up short you'd have gotten it in replies to your posts from multiple straight shooters.

Cheers,
Oly
What was that? I did delete one topic about 30 minutes ago.
Hobie,

It wasn't here but on another, not so classly forum. I finally got an answer from the second mod this morning stating that he had looked at all my post for the last six months and found nothing offensive in any of them and that he intended to find out why I was sent the reprimand. I also noticed that the original "mod" that wrote me the PM is no longer listed as a moderator.

Rob

Because I can!

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Hobie wrote: What was that? I did delete one topic about 30 minutes ago.
No worries, it's not important.

Have a good one,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright