Sweet's 7.62 vs. Wipe-Out

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Sweet's 7.62 vs. Wipe-Out

Post by Charles »

There is nothing like trying to decopper a 110 year old Krag barrel to test a man's resolve. My newest Krag, like all others that have come my way, was badly copper fouled.

I have used Sweet's 7.62 since it came here from the Land of OZ and found it far superior to anything else available over the counter. So, I went after the barrel with Sweets and after two days I seemed to be making no progress.

So, hearing good things about Wipe-Out, I ordered out a can from Brownells along with some other stuff. I used it last night and the patch was blue, blue, blue. I gave it another application and let it sit overnight. This morning I pushed it out and the patch was blue, blue, blue so I gave the barrel another application and waited an hour. This time the patch was very faint blue.

So, to make certain I used Sweet's one last time as a double check and the patch came out clean as a whistle.

So no doubt about it, Wipe-Out wins by a very large margin.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Sweet's 7.62 vs. Wipe-Out

Post by J Miller »

Charles,

Who makes "Wipe-Out"?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Joe.. The can says it is made by Sharp Shoot R Inc in Paola Kansas. Their website is www.sharpshooter.com.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Charles,

Not sure what happened but when I clicked on your link I got Hasbro Toys, Games and Action Figures ....

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

J Miller wrote:Charles,

Who makes "Wipe-Out"?

Joe
ABC. It's on Tuesday nights - hysterical show.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :lol:
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I've had my best results using several different cleaners and staggering their use. My theroy is that each cleaner attacks the deposits differently and used in combination achieve the best results.

I make up my own Ed's Red, and use Sweets and Hoppe's #9, Hoppe's copper Solvent currently but in the past I had good luck with Rig products, Kleen Bore #10 and JBs has its uses as well.

Wm
hammerman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hammerman »

I use wipe-out as well and it seems to work great. I'm going to get their lead-out and try that on some of my pistols.

The thing I like about their products is that they are safe for all metals and they don't use acids or ammonia.
Only Winchester levers, one custom 356 top eject bigbore