OT--Remember to pray for our country on 9/11

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

OT--Remember to pray for our country on 9/11

Post by piller »

Please remember to pray for our country on the anniversary of 9/11.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--Remember to pray for our country on 9/11

Post by Rusty »

II Chronicles 7:14
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The annual display at Pepperdine Universtiy is going up as we speak.

One flag for every soul lost, except the hijackers. The can burn in ....
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Lost a lot of Brothers that day.

Rob
Last edited by firefuzz on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Remember to pray for our country every day.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Remember to pray for our country every day.....
EVERY DAY!!!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Hopefully the threat to burn Koran's will lead to the mosque near ground zero not going ahead.

I saw your President on TV speaking about the matter- apparently he rang the person organising the burning and told him about the possible threat to American servicemen overseas. He made no comment on TV against the Mosque being built.

I could not help but wonder what President Putin would have said in a similar situation. I suspect his response would have been somewhat more robust and manly.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Lawyer Daggit wrote:I saw your President on TV speaking about the matter-......
Just to set the record straight....he may be the President, but he's not MY President.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Burning the Q'uran is a very very bad idea.
First because Jesus said, "Treat other people like you want them to treat you." I cannot believe that anyone would want someone burning anything sacred or dear to them. The whole idea is non-Christian at best and satanic at worst.

Secondly - burning their holy book puts me and those who work among the followers of the Q'uran at risk. The burners become persecutors of me and my family and all those who work here. Thinking they are helping, they become my enemy!

Now I don't hold it against them. They are ignorant of what they are doing and think it will help a 'cause'. But they are clueless as to how things really are.

Those who feel they need to do some would be much better off doing something constructive than something destructive. Those who feel they need to do something should come and spend 3 or 4 months and learn what is what.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Apparently some have seen the light and some have seen the publicity that that little church got. It is a shame that some "Christians" worship fame more than they worship God.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JimT wrote:Burning the Q'uran is a very very bad idea.
First because Jesus said, "Treat other people like you want them to treat you." I cannot believe that anyone would want someone burning anything sacred or dear to them. The whole idea is non-Christian at best and satanic at worst.

Secondly - burning their holy book puts me and those who work among the followers of the Q'uran at risk. The burners become persecutors of me and my family and all those who work here. Thinking they are helping, they become my enemy!

Now I don't hold it against them. They are ignorant of what they are doing and think it will help a 'cause'. But they are clueless as to how things really are.

Those who feel they need to do some would be much better off doing something constructive than something destructive. Those who feel they need to do something should come and spend 3 or 4 months and learn what is what.
+1 on that...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Think about this: there are people in Iraq and Afghanistan right now who were in grade-school in 2001. They may not really remember, in any substantive way, the events which led them to where they are now.

It doesn't seem like 9 years to me. Feels more like a year, maybe.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i believe we have lost sight of the true nature of what's happening.

1. to burn the koran is a 1st amendment right just as it's a right to burn the Bible and our flag...they do it daily in places like Afghanistan, California and Arizona. is it, to quote what's his name? the current resident of the white house..."i didn't say it has wisdom"

2. why did the whole darned country stand still and say nothing when the ten commandments were removed from the court house in Ala. and then, suddenly, become so "sensitive" when a threat was made to burn a Koran??

3. is this a war against al-quaeda? a war against islam? darn right it is! you can't separate them...al-quaeda fight for and in the name of islam.

4. islam is NOT a religion of "Peace and love"...it advocates, condones and approves of violence to "convert infidels". the "prophet" came along 600 years after Christ and re-wrote the Bible to fit his needs. how many religions openly practice stoning and slavery? the only one I'm aware of is islam. how many religions practice wanting to kill any one who "insults" the prophet, or allah?

5. why do we fear "offending" these folks? they CERTAINLY do not fear "offending" and killing us 'infidels'.

6. it will put out troops in jeopardy...WHAT!!!!!! gimme a break...if you're gonna worry about that...we need to pull out and NEVER send troops anywhere else for any reason at any time...we have the military strength to win...the American people/congress do not have the will to actually WIN; or do what it takes to win. we develop all the hi-tech weapons and then are afraid to use them. it is a Biblical principle to not go to war unless you've prepared for it.

i had to go to a far away place where we fought for the better part of 15 years, and then we just "pulled out" and the north waltzed in and took over...we lost 58,000 good men there; for what?

i am offended that we had to pull out! we won militarily! but our "streets" and congress lost it! the military was not allowed to win. :x

i better get back to decaffeinated coffee.... :?
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers